I was always wondering what that "whiter" strip is at the top of my screen. It's really visible on webpages with white background.
    Few days ago I started to look very closely and I was shocked to actually make out the darker text on this strip.... it's a ghost image of the chat room (stock trading talk) tool bar! I spend many hours in this room every day and basically the static design elements burned into my screen.

I did a quick research and it turns out that OLED screens are prone to screen burns and there are even apps to supposedly fix it (apps that switch RGB+Gray colors) but it doesn't really help. I ran it overnight and saw no difference.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any other ways to fix this. I was thinking..... if I take the screen shot of that chat room, erase the dynamic text (keep static), invert it and keep it open on my phone for few days, do you think it'll help? I mean, if the pixels are inverted (like a negative of a picture) then those pixels that were "overworked" (and are darker now) will work less when inverted. While pixels that didn't "work hard" will be burning bright and will hopefully even out. Does it make sense?

Tomcat83 likes this.
    11-06-2013 01:27 PM