Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

sfilansno1fan

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

oh i see hopefully samsung will sort it out along with the software update :/
Yes it forces you to download kies 3 but there should jave neen a warning saying that kies 3 NO LONGER has a sync function !!! You can only backup & restore, that is all :-(

dwaldron124

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Kies Sync Problems after Latest firmware updates! "unsupported device alert"

Hey guys! So here is how I am working around it. I setup my Gmail account as an IMAP in Outlook 2010 and now Google automatically updates my phone's task list and calendar instantly. My big problem is they did away with the task widget so now you have to go into the calendar then click on tasks. Is there an easier way?

Joseph Budy

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

When getting the newest version a few weeks ago the Kies program would not work at all stating it was not supported. Re-connected today and it now works with a few exceptions: No sync and after selecting the back-up mode the screen goes "black" and you can see or do nothing until you stop the link to the internet. What gives???

croymail

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I am not a tech person, but found this thread whilst desperately searching for a solution to this problem. Have tried every available tech source without success and been left with the idea that its my fault for being stupid enough to have switched to a Samsung. Tried direct contact with Samsung, with attached result which defies any CRM criteria I have ever witnessed in my career. If anyone does have a solution please post it before I turn my S4 into a flying brick.

If, as must be the case, Samsung monitors its user forums, where are you now when needed? This is a SERIOUS BREACH OF CUSTOMER CONTRACT OF FAITH
Quotes to date:
Samsung:
>>I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with our Kies programme since it has been updated and understand how frustrating this is as it was a feature that you depended on for the use of your phone.

In regards to your email, currently Kies 3 will not support the syncing of an outlook account with your phone. As this is new software that has been made available for the most up to date handsets there may be an update in the future that will return the sync tab to the programme however this has not been confirmed

We are committed to continuously improving the experience for our customers and your comments are important to us.<<

My response:
>>Are you seriously telling me that you regard a Galaxy S4, expensively purchased when first introduced in May 2013, as now "out of date". Please answer the question as to why the existing Kies program no longer functions. I did not ask for Kies 3 - it was forced on me by an upgrade I could not avoid. This is not improving the customer experience - it''s destroying it!!

I was sold a phone system that could be easily synced with Outlook. Post purchase to now remove an important feature on which the phone''s use depends is a breach of faith and customer contract. Please provide a resolution to the problem and not meaningless platitudes.

I am normally extremely patient, but I cannot believe that the answer provided is the best that a company like this can come up with.

Please provide the solution. How do I get back to the original Kies that WORKED or what do you provide that alternatively does the tasks you advertise as fulfilled by Kies ? <<

YooJayDee

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Let's be honest here - Kies is a shameful, pathetic piece of garbage. Samsung needs to learn about software configuration and management. This isn't the first time a version of Kies has been released that has prevented us from syncing our phones. We can't even revert to the previous release. Kies sucks. Samsung sucks and Android is low grade junk! I currently have a Samsung S4 with EE - a prize combination indeed. How we celebrate when I can occasionally make a call! Only a few years ago there was a fantastic operating system called Symbian - it worked! Now we have the option of Apple which is fine if you are happy to do things exactly the way they want you to ... or Android - amateur junk!

Jorge24hrs

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I have placed several calls into Samsungs Support Line and get very different responses when I speak to the representatives. One person had the notion to tell me that the reason the "Sync" feature was removed was because it was not a valuable and/or useful function as some of their research was showing Samsung.

I am not sure what person or think tank thought that the "Sync" feature was not useful and that they would not get any unhappy customers as a result. I bought this phone under the premise that I would be able to Sync my information and as such have less frustrations when using this phone. Even their website for the "Kies Software" makes the argument that we can use this software to transfer music, contacts, pictures and also performing software updates (and I am just taking some of the info from their website). So I would take the position that this product was falsely advertised to the consumer.....

I think that a Class-Action Lawsuit might be in order at this point and time.

Red_Baron1234

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Exactly the same problem and numerous others. It was so bad I am using my Nokia with Windows.

Salven

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Been following this Thread for a week now, I am still waiting for the new version. Samsung South Africa does not seem to exist as they are third party re sellers or "The number you have dialed no long exists. Please find a solution

sukenthiran

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

My phone samsung S4 GT-I9505 connect to kies3, but i open the Kies 3.0 the sync tab and contact tab which was the key functionality has now disappeared!

leonve

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I do experience the very same problem. why is updates there then? is it not to better you experience?
regards
leon

Salven

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

does this sync your calender and tasks as well ?

cv27

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

+1 here too. It's ok to vent out on forums, social media does move things along, but don't forget to file an official complaint to Samsung

DEADF15H

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

As my phone is 90% business, I welcomed Companionlink's suggestion, I need a solution I don't care if it's a shameless ploy to get my $$ or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

flybyy

May 28, 2011
Visit site

So, did you buy it? Does it work?

snaithg

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

As my phone is 90% business, I welcomed Companionlink's suggestion, I need a solution I don't care if it's a shameless ploy to get my $$ or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

So, did you buy it? Does it work?

I'm currently evaluating CompanionLink for synching my primary Outlook account with my Galaxy S4. However I am unlikely to adopt their solution since it forces you to use their DejaOffice app on the phone, that's not what I want at all. I cannot see any way to prevent this dependency on DejaOffice and switch to direct synching between Outlook and native android apps.

Graham.

gflurry

May 4, 2013
Visit site

I think I'll start a new thread for input on Outlook Syncing Software. Here's a good website.......syncdroid.net.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I assume the OP gets a similar error to the one I get:

Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via Kies.
Current firmware version: PDA:MK6 / PHONE:MK6 / CSC:MK6 (TLS)

Samsung has really dropped the ball this time around, they need to fix the issues that 4.3 has created. The only issue I am actually having after the 4.3 update is with the battery draining faster, and using a Bluetooth device the batter drains a lot faster than without one.

I do see that Samsung sort of fixed the issues with domain suffixes -- at least here in Canada -- as I was getting UK domain suffixes, however, now I see:

.co.ca
.or.ca
.ac.ca
.go.ca

The only thing they got right is ".ca", I have no idea what those .* are!

Jess75

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I've been suffering from the same problem. I use Outlook for business and depend on having my Outlook calendar (and other info, but especially calendar) readily available on my phone.

The solution I came across is Akruto Sync, which I am currently evaluating. So far looks great.

All the details of my Outlook data appear to be included in the sync.

After the initial install, it is fully automatic. Once I get within the range of my wireless network, the phone connects to my computer automatically, syncs and stays synced.

Akruto Sync uses the native apps on my S4, so I don't have to switch to some other app. I can continue to use the standard calendar, my old widgets, etc...

I will evaluate it some more, but I think I've found my solution :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo