Ok, so I downloaded google Play to my pc and transferred my itunes songs. I downloaded Airdroid to my pc. I also downloaded airdroid to my S4. so, how do I get the music from google play on the pc to airdroid on the s4?

11-07-2013 06:17 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm a little confused by what you're saying. What do you mean when you say you downloaded Google Play to your PC? Do you mean the Google Music Manager? Google Play is the general term for Google's app store and their cloud media services (like Google Play Music).

What I'm assuming is that you installed Google Music Manager on your PC and uploaded all of your iTunes songs to Google Play Music, correct? In that case, all of your music is now in the Google cloud, and you can now stream it to your S4 using the Play Music app. If you want to temporarily download a song, you can press the pin icon. Keep in mind that this does not download the song file in an easily identifiable or accessible form--it's a coded file in an obscure directory on your phone, which I believe is a way for Google to discourage easy piracy.

If you'd rather not rely on streaming, and would prefer your music to be stored locally, you should be able to simply copy the music files from your iTunes folders over to the S4 using AirDroid, or simply by connecting the phone to your computer via USB. I'm pretty sure the S4 can play AAC files (as long as they aren't DRM protected).
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-09-2013 12:51 AM