How to start at home page everytime?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I put my frequently used icons in the home page. After unlocking the phone, I either scroll left or right to reach home page, or I press the middle button to reach home page.

Q1) Is there a way to set S4 so that whenever I unlock the phone, it will default to home page?

Q2) Is there a way to add more than 5 icons (row at the bottom of screen that stays)?

Thanks

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I put my frequently used icons in the home page. After unlocking the phone, I either scroll left or right to reach home page, or I press the middle button to reach home page.

Q1) Is there a way to set S4 so that whenever I unlock the phone, it will default to home page?

Q2) Is there a way to add more than 5 icons (row at the bottom of screen that stays)?

Thanks

Apex or Nova Launcher settings allow you to do all of that & much more . I have the paid version of each and it is well worth it.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You can also install the automation app Automate It(free) or Tasker($2.99?) and possibly have it set up where whenever you exit an app you automatically go to your homescreen.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

Q1: This is the default behavior. You just need to make sure which of the multiple screens you have set as home. From any home screen, tap Menu, then Edit page. This will bring up a screen with outlines of all your home screens. The one that is currently set as the "true" Home page will be highlighted. If that's not the one you want to default to, then on the one that you do want, tap the little house-shaped icon at the top of its outline. If you've hit it right, you'll see a message near the bottom of the screen saying, "Default home screen has been changed." Tap anywhere on that outline again, or press the Home button, and you should go to that page. It will now be your default Home page, and you should be taken there when you unlock the phone.

Q2: You can't have more than 5 of these Primary Shortcuts, but you can change 4 of the 5 (not Apps). Be sure you have the shortcut(s) you want to add to the primaries on your Home screen. Then, to move one of them to the row of Primary Shortcuts, touch and hold it (the screen will dim and show an outline of the Home screen), then drag it from the Home screen to the desired location in the Primary Shortcuts row. When you release, the shortcut you want will be among the primaries, and one of the primaries will have moved to the Home screen. Repeat as needed. You can also use this procedure to simply drag a Primary Shortcut to the Home screen, or remove it by dragging it to the Remove icon. But 5 is the maximum number of Primary Shortcuts you can have.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Q1: This is the default behavior. You just need to make sure which of the multiple screens you have set as home. From any home screen, tap Menu, then Edit page. This will bring up a screen with outlines of all your home screens. The one that is currently set as the "true" Home page will be highlighted. If that's not the one you want to default to, then on the one that you do want, tap the little house-shaped icon at the top of its outline. If you've hit it right, you'll see a message near the bottom of the screen saying, "Default home screen has been changed." Tap anywhere on that outline again, or press the Home button, and you should go to that page. It will now be your default Home page, and you should be taken there when you unlock the phone.

I understand what you mean, but if now I am not on the default home page and I lock the screen, when I unlock the screen it will still display the page that I was on just before I locked S4. It will not automatically load the default home page. I need to press the middle physical button to reach the home page. I mean I would like the screen to display the default home screen whenever I unlock the phone. I guess it could only be done by 3rd party apps.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be so long checking back on this thread! I understand your question now. No, I don't think you can do that, at least not with Samsung's TouchWiz interface. On the stock phone, unlocking the screen returns you to the exact place (Home screen, app, whatever) you were when you locked the phone; and there doesn't seem to be a setting to change that. I don't know whether pure Android or a different launcher like Nova could accomplish it, but if it's important enough, that might be worth looking into.

scooter bum

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
My S4 opens, each time I unlock, with the number pad. I have tried both standard and easy mode to change homepage , with no results. And when I use the enter button it takes me to a home page with two apps I am unable to remove, flash lite and magnifier.

edward washington2

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
I figured out your request. You need to download Macrodroid from the play store and create a macro. The macro I created to make this work. I have a note10plus and the macro I created works like this. I have the daydream option turn on when I lock my phone. I have this setup as the trigger (day dream on) and the action (is go to home screen). So when I lock my phone and day dream feature pops on macrodroid commands my phone to go back to the home screen.
The reason I wanted it was to open my phone up and see nothing but my live wallpaper with no apps or widgets just the animation. If im already on the home screen and I close the phone when daydream pops on and I unlock the phone: it goes to the my main page on the home screen. All of my phone,text , and other apps are just to the right on the next page. Just have to swipe left and everything is there. But if you are in an application and you close the phone and day dream pops on when you open it back up it just goes to the home screen but not the main home screen(where my live wall paper is with no apps). Just got to figure out how to make the home button trigger twice for it to go to the main page on the home screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,