Hi all,

I'm having problems with my S4 to the point where the phone is essentially unusable.

It started a few days ago; I was browsing the net on Chrome when suddenly the 3G started dropping out, then being picked up again, then dropping out very quickly. Then the phone completely froze up and restarted itself. It started up again and restarted immediately as soon as I tried using the web (on further restarts, this seems to happen with ANYTHING web based). Almost all the time the phone starts up, it'll get to the launch screen (The 3 logo; its them who I am with) and just shut off before it even loads up. If I wait 5 minutes when this starts it'll launch as normal. I deleted all apps I've installed (only a couple of games, all legit, phone isn't rooted etc.) hoping it'd fix it but nothing.

On one of the restarts straight after this started a notification popped up saying that it was finalising an update (probably a system one?) but before that I had no notifications or anything to suggest I've actually had an update, so I'm not sure in the slightest what that was for...

After the crashing and restarts happened again, I just tried clearing the cache (which failed; said "Error" but never told me what the error was). Now I've just tried a Factory reset to try and fix things, but now the phone doesn't start at all, locking at the 3 startup screen again before eventually crashing.

I don't really want to send it back if I can help it - I've had it since June and this is the first problem I've had with it. :/ Does anyone know anything I can try to fix this?
    11-09-2013 06:23 AM
    I already said I've done a Factory reset, that's what's left it unusable. :P

I did another for the hell of it, but nothing. My brother thinks it might be the battery?
    11-09-2013 06:41 AM

I did another for the hell of it, but nothing. My brother thinks it might be the battery?
    Could be. Trying a new battery would probably be a good idea.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-09-2013 11:30 AM

I don't think it has to do with the battery at all but possibly it's the hardware that is at fault and may nee to be checked.
    11-09-2013 11:47 AM