Apologies if this has been asked but a search for this particular item didn't come up.

I can successfully use S-voice for making calls and sending text messages. I can even unlock the screen with my wake up command.

But I can't seem to figure out How do you compose a text message if your phone is locked? I unlock my screen with the wake up command but then how do you launch s-voice to send a text? Seems like I still need to touch the device in order to launch the voice commands.

is this possible? Thanks for Any ideas. Just trying to interact with the phone without actually touching it. Or perhaps that is what hand free mode is for? Thanks!
    11-11-2013 05:52 PM
    Don't you just say "Hi galaxy"

Or do you already have to be in s-voice for it to pick that up?

???
    11-12-2013 05:14 AM
    Saying Hi Galaxy does nothing for me when when I am in the S-Voice app. Once you open the app it seems like you have to tap the mic for it to respond to your voice.

That's what I don't get. My voice unlocks my screen but it doesn't actually let me use the S functions unless I tap the mic in the app.
    11-12-2013 07:49 AM
    When you are in s-voice, go into its settings and make sure the wake up command is ticked, that's the hi galaxy bit

I still think you need to be in s-voice to use that though, it seems to just be there for if you want to send another command to s-voice
    11-12-2013 09:51 AM
    You can't send a text message without touching the phone in some way, shape, or form. You are going to have to manually activate it by either double pressing home whilst the device is unlocked, or by pressing the mic while in the S-Voice app.

Don't hold me to it, but I just tried it on my S4 and couldn't do it.
    11-12-2013 11:23 AM
    When you are in s-voice, go into its settings and make sure the wake up command is ticked, that's the hi galaxy bit

I still think you need to be in s-voice to use that though, it seems to just be there for if you want to send another command to s-voice
    I guess I don't get what the "Hi Galaxy" function is for, then? In what state does the phone need to be in for you to use it? I have mine ticked and saying Hi Galaxy never works. If I tap the app and launch it, it's ready for me to tell it what to do. And it works. I never have to say Hi Galaxy. If I say "Hi Galaxy," after I open the app, she responds, "Hi, nice to meet you."

Andrew, I think you're right... I will just have to get used to double-tapping the home button. But the phone clearly says, "You can say "hi galaxy" when in S Voice or while the screen is off to automatically wek up S Voice." But that clearly doesn't work for me. Oh well. Thanks anyways, guys.
    11-12-2013 05:02 PM
    Hold up. I think I figured out the issue. I had gone into the phone's settings and manually changed my Wake up message (I wanted it to say "unlock phone please".) That phrase worked to unlock my phone, but didn't have anything to do with the S-Voice app. So, I went into Manage Applications and cleared the data for S-Voice, (which also cleared my wake up message) then relaunched S-Voice so I could get the set up screens again. Now if I say "Hi Galaxy", it actually works. And it works from the lock screen too.

So it appears, at least for me anyways, that if I set my own wake up message in the phone's settings, then it messes up the S-Voice app. So it looks like I'm stuck saying "hi galaxy" to get the thing to wake up, which is kind of cheesy. But at least it works.`

Incidentally, on my set up screens where it gives the options to wake up S-Voice, I do not have the "change now" option. Wonder if that's a Verizon block?
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=ApQa8VhZ
    11-12-2013 05:44 PM