Samsung Galaxy S4 - Group messaging; no it's not an iPhone problem!

julieb9

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find the answer that I was looking for and I've been searching for awhile, so I am making a new thread. Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a BlackBerry Z10, one friend has an iPhone 4s, and the other just recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

When we text in our group messages we all get the texts, but my texts are the only ones that send individually to my friend with the Galaxy s4. My texts goes through just fine to my friend with the iPhone in our group and their texts goes through in the group.

We've tired almost everything or so it feels like and my text just won't send to her (with the s4) in the group.

Does anyone know what the deal is!? I don't think it's my phone or the iPhone because before she got the Galaxy S4 the group message was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

IcantCanything

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably need to use a third party messaging app from the play store. Something like handcent, chomp, or textra and adjust the mms settings to use mms for group chats

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find the answer that I was looking for and I've been searching for awhile, so I am making a new thread. Hopefully someone can help me.

I have a BlackBerry Z10, one friend has an iPhone 4s, and the other just recently got a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.

When we text in our group messages we all get the texts, but my texts are the only ones that send individually to my friend with the Galaxy s4. My texts goes through just fine to my friend with the iPhone in our group and their texts goes through in the group.

We've tired almost everything or so it feels like and my text just won't send to her (with the s4) in the group.

Does anyone know what the deal is!? I don't think it's my phone or the iPhone because before she got the Galaxy S4 the group message was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

One of my brothers has a Blackberry (i think it's a Z10 as well, but not sure) ... my wife and I have GS4's, and the rest of our entire family has iphones. We have the same issue with group messaging ... my wife and I get the blackberry's messages as individual messages, but we get all the iPhone messages in the group chat ... and our messages go out to the group just fine.

I would LOVE to know what it is about the blackberry text messages that allow it to send to an iphone group, but not a gs4 group ... amazingly aggravating ...

amariechav

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I just got a Samsung galaxy s4 and was having trouble with group messaging. After talking to a friend who also has a Samsung galaxy and who doesn't have trouble with group messaging I found a solution. She uses Verizon Messages which can be downloaded from the Google play store. When you use this app after putting in the names of who you want to send your message to start typing your message. Before sending your message click on the names in the top left corner. You should see the recipient list and under that Recipients reply to> me or group. Click on group and make sure it's highlighted then hit create message at the bottom. Your message should only send once to everyone and you should get everyone's reply on one message. The only thing is you'll also get your own reply but hey its a small price... Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1