Just a heads up guys. I received my S4 around early September and noticed bad problems associated with it (I posted a couple threads on it earlier). My Uncle who works for Sprint asked for my MEID, and apparently, my number was on Samsungs list of phones with "soldering problems," I believe.

Not sure where you can get the list, but if you had weird problems like me, I would ask your phone servicer for information on it.

Samsung sent me a brand new phone about a week ago, and I sent mines back shortly after. No problems anymore with randomly not working camera/slow phone app/laggy apex launcher at random times/home button problems/etc.

Again, just a heads up for your people who bought your phone around the time I bought mine!
    Bobbyjones686 and ladyhaly like this.
    11-12-2013 01:36 PM
    My brother works for samsung. This is not true. They have only ever recalled the batteries. There is no soldering issue. Unless This was just a random case of bad luck for you.

If however you are right, more info needs to be post before you make a claim like this.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2013 04:57 PM
    Sorry if I sound rude. What I meant to say was from what I hear at samsung there is no issue. I could be wrong, how knows...

11-12-2013 04:58 PM
    I too was an S1 user from day one and endured the past year of leaks and tweaks to make it usable. After holding the Droid in hand trying it out in person, I had zero hesitation in getting it. I actually returned an S2 to get it. It brings a new game to vzw and it's just a fun device to use. In the first 24 hours it has performed exceptionally well.
    If Samsung is indeed aware of this issue plaguing consumers (I am one of them), then the Samsung Service Centers here in the Philippines and in India are being unfair to us since a I've seen posts around the Internet of people asking for their warranty to be recognized and instead we've had them rudely pointing the blame on us for overcharging the batteries.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    11-12-2013 07:18 PM
    If Samsung is indeed aware of this issue plaguing consumers (I am one of them), then the Samsung Service Centers here in the Philippines and in India are being unfair to us since a I've seen posts around the Internet of people asking for their warranty to be recognized and instead we've had them rudely pointing the blame on us for overcharging the batteries.

If you want a replacement battery then you need to contact Samsung directly I believe. That's what I read in a article on here a while ago

11-13-2013 02:16 AM
    If you want a replacement battery then you need to contact Samsung directly I believe. That's what I read in a article on here a while ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll find a way to do that, I guess.

11-13-2013 03:05 AM
    Yeah, I have to ask my uncle about the specifics. Just wanted to let you guys know about it, so you could at least hear about it haha. But I mean, I did get a completely new S4. Weird.
    11-25-2013 05:44 PM