08-29-2017 04:59 PM
36 12
tools
    Greeting everyone,

I have had the problem described above for a week now on my two new devices: Note 10.1 and Note 3. I tried the following fixes:
    1. Changing the DNS setting on my router to point to google's DNS servers,
    2. Disabling the wifi power saving as in post #23,
    3. Clearing the cached data and restarting as in post #16,
    4. Removing the battery from the Note 3 device.

Unfortunately, none of the above fixes worked for my case. Youtube continue not to work properly on my devices.

Any new ideas/fixes?
    01-22-2014 10:57 AM
    Welcome to the forums ashraf!

Did YouTube work before or it hasn't from the beginning?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    01-25-2014 08:59 AM
    Just arrived here after about half an hour's Googling. This has been my first big issue since moving from the E4GT and am pleased to say that the Clear Data trick (did it on both YouTube and Video Player) & phone restart fixed the problem for me. Didn't need to change any router/DNS/other settings (as with the OP, YouTube was working fine over 4G, just not over Wi-Fi).

Thanks guys!
    01-25-2014 04:25 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. But, are you still having trouble with YouTube over WiFi?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    01-26-2014 08:50 AM
    Sorry for the late response.

Yes, it worked before.
    However, since Jan 2014 - it stopped working properly on these two devices.

Last night, I reset the Note 10.1 to its factory settings and prevented auto updates to work. It tried it and still it does not work.
    Basically, Youtube will freeze after about two minutes of playing. It will eventually display the message connection to server lost. It will also freeze if I try to skip into the video. These problems occur if I try to use Youtube using the WiFi option.

Youtube will work properly on my mobile date option (on Note 3). Youtube will also work properly on Note 10.1's WiFi connection if I tether the Note 10.1 to the Note 3's mobile date 4G connection.

Still looking for help/solution ...

Best regards, Ashraf.
    03-30-2014 01:06 AM
    To fix this problem you need to:

1. Go to phone dialer and dial *#0011#. This will bring up Service Mode.

2. Click the menu button and select wifi. This will bring up wifi information.

3. Then turn off Wifi power save mode.

Then go to YouTube or Facebook and try to play a movie. It should work. But you might have to do this process every time you restart your phone.
    Been having this problem with images and new comments on Facebook on my S3 after the update. This fixed it. Many thanks!
    05-19-2014 01:38 PM
    Hi Nick,
    Don't worry...Try to change the DNS settings in your phone. Just change the DNS 1 or DNS 2 ip with 8.8.8.8 which is the google DNS ip. Or another alternate solution is , put 8.8.8.8 for DNS 1 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS 2(which might be default). Also note down the DNS 1 and 2 default ip's in your mble before changing that. This will help for sure. I also had the same problem before with videos not playing in my home wifi .. now it works fine. Inorder to change the DNS settings . Go to settings , then select the wifi and modify network, in that select advanced , change it as a static network then change the DNS ip's which is shown there.
    Hope it will help you for sure.!!!!! cool
    07-09-2014 12:38 AM
    Hello all , try to change the DNS settings with 8.8.8.8 ip for DNS 1 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS 2, which is visible in wifi settings by modifying the network , click advanced and choose static mode to change the DNS ip settings .Hope this will help.!!
    07-09-2014 12:49 AM
    call ur router customer care and ask for ur dhcp settings... For tp link router (using railtel railway internet service) changed my primary dns to 4.2.2.2 and secondary dns to 8.8.8.8, now everything works fine no issues at all.....
    01-07-2015 11:51 AM
    I had same problem and I fixed. It's all about the hosts file. To fix this issue for play store and youtube or any other apps using google services, you need to manually edit the hosts file for this you have to be rooted. Anyway, if you using adaway or something can change the hosts file; first disable it. Then open the hosts file using root browser or solid explorer, or copy the file to your pc open there, it doesn't matter. After that delete everything an put this lines:

# localhost::1
    # localhost127.0.0.1

and you should be good to go.
    I hope this work. I solved my problem with this method.
    (By the way this is my first post on any forum other than my native language. If there is something wrong with my English, sorry about that)

Have a nice day.
    08-26-2015 11:43 AM
    I have been searching for month how to fix my youtube app because it did not work over wifi.
    I have a oneplus 3 with android 7.1.1. In the settings->apps->youtube there is a menu called " Data Usage " inside this menu there is a button " Disabled wifi " which turns off the wifi connection for that app.

So frustrating... At least the app or android could pop up a notification about this....
    08-29-2017 04:59 PM
36 12