battery issue

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine uses much less than 1% per hour on standby (screen off, in Airplane Mode, wifi off), but that's probably not typical usage or battery drain. I'm at 82% battery right now with 1 day, 6 hours, and 37 minutes on battery, with 34 minutes screen time.

Sanyad

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine uses much less than 1% per hour on standby (screen off, in Airplane Mode, wifi off), but that's probably not typical usage or battery drain. I'm at 82% battery right now with 1 day, 6 hours, and 37 minutes on battery, with 34 minutes screen time.

How much does it drain with flight mode off ??

Posted via Android Central App

skeamznz

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Overnight I loose between 0.4-0.6% per hour with WiFi and everything else enabled. I'm running Echoe ROM with comadose mod.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

skeamznz

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to get a better battery life wihout rooting the device

I'm sure there's something we can find to help. First thing download battery stats plus that will help you find what apps are chewing up your battery.

Echoe Team
Comadose Mod
KT Kernel

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
How much does it drain with flight mode off ??

I don't think it would be a lot more in a strong signal area, but I have a very weak signal at home, so I keep it on Airplane Mode.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Sanyad

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there's something we can find to help. First thing download battery stats plus that will help you find what apps are chewing up your battery.

Echoe Team
Comadose Mod
KT Kernel

Yeah i tried using that app ..but it seems its not that helpful ..as it takes time to analyse apps

skeamznz

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i tried using that app ..but it seems its not that helpful ..as it takes time to analyse apps

OK if you just want a app to save battery you can't beat juice defender. If its still bad maybe root? It's very easy to get back to stock if you ever need to.

Echoe Team
Comadose Mod
KT Kernel

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
OK if you just want a app to save battery you can't beat juice defender. If its still bad maybe root? It's very easy to get back to stock if you ever need to.

Echoe Team
Comadose Mod
KT Kernel

Not with the new bootloader with Samsung Knox, unfortunately. :(

I use Battery Doctor. Juice Defender's Pro version has not been updated since 2011. You'll see reviews littered with bug reports.

Sanyad

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not with the new bootloader with Samsung Knox, unfortunately. :(

I use Battery Doctor. Juice Defender's Pro version has not been updated since 2011. You'll see reviews littered with bug reports.

I think you will need to update that app

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I lose about 2% per hour while idle. That's with WiFi, LTE and GPS on, Bluetooth and NFC off, all Google Now cards active, syncing Gmail every 15 minutes and most everything else every hour, Tasker running and no battery saving apps running.

Sanyad

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I lose about 2% per hour while idle. That's with WiFi, LTE and GPS on, Bluetooth and NFC off, all Google Now cards active, syncing Gmail every 15 minutes and most everything else every hour, Tasker running and no battery saving apps running.

Is your phone rooted ??

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I use Nova as a launcher but I'm running the Verizon version of 4.3 but have yet to do a factory reset since the update. It's about the same as what I've seen in the past, though.

I should mention that I also do not have Facebook installed. I look at it through the web interface in Chrome.

I do have a Tasker profile that keeps count of how many times my location is found though Google's Fuse Location API. It's about once every 72 seconds. There have been times in the past where it was closer to once every 45 seconds and my battery life was noticeably worse but I didn't do anything special to change it. It seems to happen more often right after clearing Maps data or re installing some Google services (my guess is that Google Now is "learning" my routine in that time) and it was definitely worse after I installed Google Wallet. Other than using Tasker and Synker to control when my apps sync rather than using auto sync I haven't done anything special. I used Battery Guru for a while but it went rogue once and drained my battery and didn't seem to make a difference when it was installed so I gave up on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis