Music player stuck on screen! Please help!

anniecloaks

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My son was trying to download music engine to my s4. He has it on his note II. He couldn't find the download so he clicked on some Samsung music downloader.
it didn't have the songs i was looking for. Now when I leave my phone sit for a few minutes and then open it back up, at the top of the screen is a picture of Marylin Manson, or Johnny Cash
on a player. I took the phone to the Verizon store and they said they can not figure out how to get rid of it!! The person helping me said that the music is 30 second clips of song suggestions through Samsung. All though I don?t mind Marylin Manson, I don?t want to see him or Cash when I pick up my phone. Can someone help?

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't panic too much. There is definitely a way to fix this. First off, I trust that you or the Verizon employee uninstalled the "music engine" from your phone. If not, definitely do so ASAP. If that doesn't work, reset your phone. It is sort of a last resort option, and while I'm sure you can find ways around it, better safe than sorry. This will remove everything from your phone, so make sure you backup anything near and dear to you.

If neither of these are within your capabilities, try explaining more in-depth what this music engine was. Was it from the Play Store? Was it an APK off the internet? If you don't know, definitely ask your son. I'm sure he knows at least a little bit of what he's doing. A link to it would be greatly helpful.

anniecloaks

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. My son said he couldn't find music engine so he clicked on Samsung hub. He searched for the song ' Own Personal Jesus' . He said he didn't download the the song, he just searched it. I guess that is why I can't find the song on my music list under ant artist.
I fixed it. I had to confirm my Samsung account. Then pull down the top bar. When I pulled down the bar the first thing listed was the stuck songs. I just x'd them out, and YES! they are gone!
Thanks to everyone who read this post and tried to help!

Last edited:

Smknue

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am having having the same issue. I moved the Hub to trash but the songs are still popping up. You had said you confirmed your Samsung Samsung account then deleted the song. Where/how did you confirm your account to gain access to the songs?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac