I got a S4 because my S3 just basically died. I had for a little over a year and just died for no reason. I am not sure what happened. Anyway I got the S4. I just don't know how I feel about it I just really don't like, I feel like its really different, but in literally it isn't right?

Anyway, below I will have a picture of what I am trying to change, I want to change that background of my messaging board or inbox if you want to call it or whatever to black. How do I do this, I am not sure and the white just bothers me so much. Also too, how can I change the vibration style when someone texts me. I don't really feel it when someone does, and sometimes I miss that important text. Also, the phone menu where I dial is also white. How can I fix this? When am in a dark room it kills my eyes. Also, another thing, when I had my S3 and I click on a bubble it would show me just that text I tried doing that today and nothing. Nothing happens! How can I feel these little things that matter so much to me. I know its crazy I am ranting about this, but these some of the things I don't like. When I had my S3 I made literally no changes. I want this to be just like that.

If someone could do a picture by picture guide or a link to a video on how to make these changes I would appreciate it. Thank you for listening #FirstWorldProblems
    Attached Thumbnails Backgrounds on Messaging and Stuff-s4.png   Backgrounds on Messaging and Stuff-s4-2.png  
    11-13-2013 02:46 AM
    Anyone? I need help...
    11-13-2013 10:05 PM
    Anyone? I need help...
    Are you dedicated to using the stock messenger app? I personally use Chompsms just because I can theme it however I want.
    I know how you feel though I can't stand the white. I actually like the new Hangouts but don't like that bland layout either.
    Might want to check out the app Exdialer, there's a free trial to see if you like it and you can apply a dark theme to it.
    Here's a link bro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odoohut.dialer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-13-2013 11:14 PM
    I don't know to delete this post
    11-14-2013 12:12 AM
    Are you dedicated to using the stock messenger app? I personally use Chompsms just because I can theme it however I want.
    I know how you feel though I can't stand the white. I actually like the new Hangouts but don't like that bland layout either.
    Might want to check out the app Exdialer, there's a free trial to see if you like it and you can apply a dark theme to it.
    Here's a link bro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...odoohut.dialer

Oh wow thank you! Does this require a wifi/data connection in anyway? Also, I tried what you told me to do I did Chompsms, I still can't click on a text and make it bigger. You know when you get those novel text messages.
    11-14-2013 12:13 AM
    I think you'd be OK with the dialer, I believe it's a straight up stock replacement. I actually don't use it, I'm rooted and just replaced my Stock dialer with a blacked out version.
    The sms issue your having is bugging me, I swore you could do that in chomp but I can't get it either Grrr. I know what your saying and I did it with some other app, I'd check them all out and see what you can find . Some will just open that certain text in another page but not 'blow it up'

11-14-2013 06:58 AM
    I think you'd be OK with the dialer, I believe it's a straight up stock replacement. I actually don't use it, I'm rooted and just replaced my Stock dialer with a blacked out version.
    The sms issue your having is bugging me, I swore you could do that in chomp but I can't get it either Grrr. I know what your saying and I did it with some other app, I'd check them all out and see what you can find . Some will just open that certain text in another page but not 'blow it up'

Some will just open that certain text. = Exactly what I'm looking for.
    11-14-2013 06:17 PM