Coming from the Nexus 4

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
And I'm going to do something Novel here. I'm not going to complain. Actually I'm going to do something quite the opposite. I'm going to say something positive. I'd never owned a touch wiz device before, but had heard nothing but negative. But after my Nexus 4 met its untimely demise with asphalt that resulted in a shattered screen I manage to fall into a Galaxy S4. It took some getting used to, but after going through the learning curve of some of the subtle differences of the altered user interface I found myself slowly warming up to it. Yes, all the air gesture stuff got turned off pretty quickly, but other than that I found having a remote for my entire house on my phone pretty useful. The phone charges up pretty damn quick, plus I carry a portable charger with me at all times so battery is no issue. Like the bright screen. The headset speaker is actually loud enough on phone calls and the speakers are loud enough to actually watch YouTube videos. Yes the phone Aesthetically isn't as premium feeling as some. But its nice to actually be able to walk in any store and find all kinds of accessories (had to order everything online for the Nexus 4). So guess what? I have no idea how the actual phone feels because I threw it in an otterbox case almost immediately. So I like this phone and can't wait until it gets 4.3 because I'm pretty sure TRIM will resolve any and all lag after a factory reset once updated. So in conclusion. I actaully like this phone! There I said it! Anyone else brave enough to admit it???

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the GS4 I just did not like the TouchWiz now I have a Nexus 5 don't get me wrong the removable battery SD Card yes I miss them but I really like the Nexus 5 better. Glad to see you are enjoying it. But yes I never thought it was a bad phone just did not like touch wiz..

And I'm going to do something Novel here. I'm not going to complain. Actually I'm going to do something quite the opposite. I'm going to say something positive. I'd never owned a touch wiz device before, but had heard nothing but negative. But after my Nexus 4 met its untimely demise with asphalt that resulted in a shattered screen I manage to fall into a Galaxy S4. It took some getting used to, but after going through the learning curve of some of the subtle differences of the altered user interface I found myself slowly warming up to it. Yes, all the air gesture stuff got turned off pretty quickly, but other than that I found having a remote for my entire house on my phone pretty useful. The phone charges up pretty damn quick, plus I carry a portable charger with me at all times so battery is no issue. Like the bright screen. The headset speaker is actually loud enough on phone calls and the speakers are loud enough to actually watch YouTube videos. Yes the phone Aesthetically isn't as premium feeling as some. But its nice to actually be able to walk in any store and find all kinds of accessories (had to order everything online for the Nexus 4). So guess what? I have no idea how the actual phone feels because I threw it in an otterbox case almost immediately. So I like this phone and can't wait until it gets 4.3 because I'm pretty sure TRIM will resolve any and all lag after a factory reset once updated. So in conclusion. I actaully like this phone! There I said it! Anyone else brave enough to admit it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma