Microsoft Exchange server blocking POP account - Verizon network/TWC Roadrunner email

Mark McKeown

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
New S4. When I install Corp Exchange server the security blocks my POP account. Security settings says it "CAN" block POP and IMAP email access but only my POP3 account is blocked. This did not happen on my HTC thunderbolt as all three resided very well together (Exchange, GMAIL, and POP3). My Corporate security folks tell me they have not changed ANYTHING that should effect this. Also a colleague with the same company just bought a S4 and is on Sprint for personal email and he had NO problem putting both on his phone.

So Corp says it isn't them. Verizon says it isn't them. Could there be an issue with the way security is handled on the S4 and with Roadrunner?

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had the S4 on Verizon since June and have an MS Exchange Server email account for work. I also have two Outlook accounts (Hotmail), a Gmail account, and POP3 account for a personal website. All accounts work perfectly and have since day one. Since I don't use Roadrunner, my first thought is that this is the source of the problem. You might try uninstalling it and see if it makes a difference.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure about Roadrunner but in Gmail you have to go into the web client and enable POP and IMAP. I would try IMAP and see if that works.

Mark McKeown

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. It apparently is a problem with TWC Roadrunner and Samsung. Work around seemed to work for now. Forwarded the roadrunner account to Gmail and accessing everything that way. Works for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt