Free Galaxy S4 battery replacement? How?

Furnimus#AC

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing on different news sites a month or so ago about Samsung offering free battery replacement for those affected by the fast draining or swelling issue. Has anyone actually had any personal luck getting theirs replaced?

I stopped by the Samsung Experience store in Best Buy and they said they'd never heard of it. Samsung tech support revealed the same. I tried tracing the source of the story and as far as I can tell it all leads back to a very short statement made by Samsung to one specific news site (Google it and follow the source if you are interested in what website). I have not had luck finding it in any official press release.

Can anyone give me any tips on the matter?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
-DM

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung

You have to visit a Samsung Electronics Service Center to get a replacement battery. Nearest service center can be found on their site.

Have you tried it? I also need to have mine replaced but the nearest Samsung Service Center is about 65 kilometers away from where I live. So anyone would had luck with this, I would love to know how they did it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
No, I haven't had to get a replacement battery. I heard that it's not as simple as just dropping off the battery and getting a new one. Service center tests the phone and battery. Some S4 owners have complained to their carrier and were able to get a replacement battery shipped.

AT_T_must_die

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
MY ADVICE. NEVER BUY AT$T or SAMSUNG AGAIN.

Apple will at least stand by what they sell you even if their products are sometimes lame or broken.

Went to service center to get replacement battery for my s4 they are all out. Gee i wonder why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674