Change notification sound

Peter Hammett

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
So I know how to change the notification sound for most apps like text and gmail. However, some apps like Snapchat don't have any option for an app specific sound, just notification on or off. Is there a way to get android to use a different sound for those apps? So I'm looking for a way to set a sound specific to Snapchat, not a way to upload new ringtones. Thanks.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

That idea does sound nifty. An app or other mechanism that will allow you to individually set notification sounds for your different apps. I've not come across anything like that in my travels but perhaps some of our other members have.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I know how to change the notification sound for most apps like text and gmail. However, some apps like Snapchat don't have any option for an app specific sound, just notification on or off. Is there a way to get android to use a different sound for those apps? So I'm looking for a way to set a sound specific to Snapchat, not a way to upload new ringtones. Thanks.

I have not come across anything either, if the developer did not include a way to change the notificaiton then I think you are stuck, and I can't see there being an app developed that would allow you to do this as it would have to change the app itself, unless it was over ridden somehow.
Personally, I have an issue when I log into my Facebook on my S4, when it first loads it makes my Default SMS message sound, and there is NO way to change that, makes me made because it doesn't fit what so ever. So I hear where you are coming from

Peter Hammett

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Well glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering from this. It is frustrating indeed because most of my apps have a distinct sound, but a handful of them just use the default notification sound, so there is no way to know if it's a Snapchat or something else. Sounds like I'll just have to hope Snapchat builds in the notification settings down the road.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll try posting in development forums. Maybe there is already something out there for other devices.

Peter you may be going about this the wrong way. Instead of looking for a 3rd party app, try going to the actual developer of Snapchat and suggest being able to change the notification in a future build. I think you would have a much better response that way.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. But I'm trying to change the sound and not the light.

LightFlow controls alot more than the light.
I've used it on a ton of devices since the Nexus One both with & without LED indicators.
It can control:
-LED
-sound
-vibration
-camera flash
-reminders

And can also push Notifications to:
-DashClock
-Pebble

ashleestorm117

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have to install any app I just changed my default ringtone to what I wanted my snapchat notification to be and customized all my other apps to their own sound. Easy peezy :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol