How do you use your smartphone throughout your day

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, greetings guys. Just from pure curiosity, I want to ask you, how is your daily routine look like (using your mobile device). What most you use from the Samsung features, what you find useful and what you dont. What apps you usually use throughout your daily life. It will be great if you share you experience. Personally, i start the day with Drippler and Flipboard, check my email, my social apps, my calender, listening music to my way to uni, using some messaging apps, take some quick notes for shopping and tasks..... and etc..

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My 12 "essentials"

NBC News
Glucose Buddy
Facebook
Dolphin Browser
Tapatalk
Wikipedia

Phone/Dialer
Contacts
Verizon Messages
Camera
Amazon MP3
Google Play Store

First six are my top row, second six are my dock (I use Nova). Replace Phone/Dialer with Skype and Contacts/Phonebook with Google Contacts on my Nexus 7 (it can run Verizon Messages by syncing over the web and I have the front camera app unlocked). Most are self explanatory but...

Glucose Buddy - I use this to manage my diabetes. It has a few different functions but mainly I use it to log my blood sugar levels
Dolphin - My preferred Android browser. I usually browse in landscape with request desktop site on. Both my N7 and Note 3 are great for this.

Tapatalk and Facebook are my default social apps and NBC News I try to read on my lunch at work. Wikipedia is for when I'm bored or need to look something up. I've actually been thinking of trying one of those Wikipedia Offline apps as I rather fancy the idea of having that much info at my command, network connection or not.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm always curious to see how others use their device. I'm sure it changes based on our work lives and home lives.

What I'm using now:
Gmail
Textra
Twitter
USA Today
Android Central
XDA
Chrome or Boat (depends on my mood)

Posted via Android Central App

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I see some very nice comments..... Yeah its obvious that the usage will be various and determine from the individual needs :)))

Last edited:

StepW

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I use my mobile like a computer. Email, instant messaging, web browsing, posting on forums, watching movies, downloading torrents, listening to music, etc.

Ironically I rarely use it as an actual phone; I don't call people, texting is done via instant messengers, and the only times I ever take photos are when I need to take a snapshot of some university work I did to send to someone.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Great question, Edward! I don't do much e-mail on my phone. I do text, especially with my wife when she's at work. One of my most essential apps is Wikipedia--I'm always looking things up on it, from the news or a TV show or whatever. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has an app called Breaking News, not that well made, but I use it a lot for local news. I use Opera for my Web browser, which allows me to keep bookmarks synced with my computer. I use IMDB more than I like to admit, looking up info on old TV shows, etc. I use Google Maps for traffic info when I'm driving, and navigation to unfamiliar places. I frequently use Evernote to make little notes to myself for research or personal stuff to follow up on later. And now and then I actually make a phone call! :D

EDIT: How could I have forgotten the app I use most often? That would be Business Calendar, a terrific replacement for the stock Calendar app.

Last edited:

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Pimlical Calendar
UC Browser
Text Msg
K-9 Mail
Google Maps/Navigation
DejaOffice (for contacts and notes that I sync with Outlook on my desktop - old school - but I'm not a fan of the cloud)
Camera
Yelp
(almost never make or receive a phone call - really shouldn't call it a mobile phone any longer)

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Web browsing, Facebook, Google+, twitter, phone calls, youtube and listening to music. That is about it.