Hi,
    Got a Galaxy S4 yesterday and wanted a car charger but after reading posts here and feedback on Amazon (counterfit chargers), I'm not sure what to buy. Any suggestions? I really don't want to get into opening up the charger to cross terminals.
    11-17-2013 11:39 AM
    Hi,
    Got a Galaxy S4 yesterday and wanted a car charger but after reading posts here and feedback on Amazon (counterfit chargers), I'm not sure what to buy. Any suggestions? I really don't want to get into opening up the charger to cross terminals.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you looked on Android Central's site? ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories
    11-17-2013 12:00 PM
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you looked on Android Central's site? ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories
    Thanks for the link!
    11-17-2013 02:06 PM
    Office Depot sells a Duracell car charger that has several advantages: it's a 2-amp charger, so it can keep your battery charged up while you're using navigation; it's got 2 USB ports, so it can charge 2 devices at once; and it connects both to a car outlet/cigarette lighter and to a regular home wall outlet. Very versatile and, I think, well worth the $30. (And mine is still working after the Samsung Android 4.3 update, though I can't guarantee that--non-Samsung chargers have been an issue since that update). See Duracell 5 In 1 Universal Cell Phone Charger by Office Depot; I've got a review there describing an experience with it.
    11-18-2013 11:20 AM
    You want my Opinion! Don't get a car charger! Get yourself a 50000mah battery pack! They charge Fast, last forever, and bring it inside every so often to give it charge over night.
    I was so fed up with Car Chargers NOT performing well when they say 2amp! BS! Trust me the battery back is the way to go!
    11-18-2013 11:28 AM
    I'm using the Motorola car charger that has the blue light - available from Amazon for $6.10 (search there for "Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger "). After I updated to 4.3 it stopped working until I re-started the phone (not a factory reset, just a basic re-start/reboot), but worked OK after that. Some people, however, are having problems with this and other car chargers following the Android 4.3 update, so there's no guarantee it will work for you.
    11-18-2013 12:24 PM
    I also had car charger issues after the recent Android update. Was using the Motorola charger with the blue light. Would only work intermittently even after rebooting the phone.

Bought the official Verizon charger with the white light on the USB hub from the Verizon store. Also did not work consistently.

Finally got the Samsung OEM charger from Amazon for about $6. Works perfectly with no problems.

It is unfortunate that the latest Android update caused problems with many chargers that were working fine previously. You would think that this type of thing would be picked up during testing.
    11-18-2013 01:52 PM