after updating and spending a few days with the new system I have a few questions. the first is that the new Maps Navigation voice is terrible is there a way to go back to the old one.

secondly is there a way to add the mobile data button back into the Notifications panel?? if not how am i supposed to turn on and off mobile data now??

Posted via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 02:16 PM
    Settings>connections> more networks> mobile networks then unchecked.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App
    11-17-2013 02:26 PM
    after updating and spending a few days with the new system I have a few questions. the first is that the new Maps Navigation voice is terrible is there a way to go back to the old one.

secondly is there a way to add the mobile data button back into the Notifications panel?? if not how am i supposed to turn on and off mobile data now??

The mobile data button should still be there, but you may need to edit the order of the buttons to put it back in the top row of buttons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-17-2013 02:36 PM
    It's not there anymore

11-17-2013 02:44 PM
    The mobile data button should still be there, but you may need to edit the order of the buttons to put it back in the top row of buttons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    Incorrect, it's not in the notification when you update to 4.3, and gets replaced with the Reading mode. I'm not sure if Verizon still has that option but I have the AT&T so therefore it's not there.
    11-17-2013 05:05 PM

To change the sound:

You can fix it, go to settings, accessibility, text-to-voice, and download the higher quality voice for Samsung from the samsung app store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-17-2013 06:22 PM
    My Google maps app is extremely laggy, it worked fine prior to recent update as well. And no longer have navigation app

11-17-2013 06:43 PM
    Incorrect, it's not in the notification when you update to 4.3, and gets replaced with the Reading mode. I'm not sure if Verizon still has that option but I have the AT&T so therefore it's not there.
    My information is correct for my Verizon phone; I can't speak for others. I'm assuming you're aware that there's a menu function for the app button list that allows you to see 21 toggle buttons (at least that's how many there are on Verizon's 4.3 version), and you can edit them to pick which ones show up in the top row when you slide the notification panel down. I keep Mobile data, Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, GPS, and Bluetooth on my top row for easy access.
    11-18-2013 08:04 AM
    My Google maps app is extremely laggy, it worked fine prior to recent update as well. And no longer have navigation app

They integrated Navigation into the Maps app.
    11-18-2013 08:09 AM
    My information is correct for my Verizon phone; I can't speak for others. I'm assuming you're aware that there's a menu function for the app button list that allows you to see 21 toggle buttons (at least that's how many there are on Verizon's 4.3 version), and you can edit them to pick which ones show up in the top row when you slide the notification panel down. I keep Mobile data, Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, GPS, and Bluetooth on my top row for easy access.
    After typing my post above, I did notice that you had Verizon, and that may be the case that Verizon models still have the Mobile Data switch on the notification. But as for the AT&T version (which I have, and assuming that the OP has the same), the Mobile Data switch has been removed completely in the notification and no where to be found, and has been replaced with the Reading Mode switch after installing 4.3 that is. Mobile Data Switch was there on 4.2.2.

YES, I'm aware that there is a menu function (which I can do with two finger down to see all of them at once), but the Mobile Data switch is no longer available for AT&T.
    11-18-2013 09:14 AM
    After typing my post above, I did notice that you had Verizon, and that may be the case that Verizon models still have the Mobile Data switch on the notification. But as for the AT&T version (which I have, and assuming that the OP has the same), the Mobile Data switch has been removed completely in the notification and no where to be found, and has been replaced with the Reading Mode switch after installing 4.3 that is. Mobile Data Switch was there on 4.2.2.

YES, I'm aware that there is a menu function (which I can do with two finger down to see all of them at once), but the Mobile Data switch is no longer available for AT&T.
    That's really bizarre - I use the data toggle all the time. Sometimes the carriers make some really inexplicable decisions. I mentioned the ability to edit the buttons only because there's no way to tell someone's baseline of knowledge in online forums unless they happen to say something that shows they already know. I learn stuff here all the time so thought it worth mentioning, just in case.
    11-18-2013 10:09 AM
    I agree. I usually like to have mobile data on there in case when I close to or going over the data limit.
    11-18-2013 10:23 AM
    I agree. I usually like to have mobile data on there in case when I close to or going over the data limit.
    Somebody just posted a link to a CNET post that AT&T is temporarily pulling the 4.3 update - this might be the chance to ping them to restore the toggle.
    11-18-2013 12:19 PM
    AT&T continued the rollout yesterday and they still do not have the mobile data toggle switch. It's very irritating as I keep my phone off mobile data most of the time. If they had unlimited data I could care less but since they don't I want the ability to toggle mine on and off. Now you have to go to Setting>Connections>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data to turn it on and off. I suppose I can use the Airplane Mode but that turns off everything.

Kevin
    11-28-2013 11:21 AM
    AT&T continued the rollout yesterday and they still do not have the mobile data toggle switch. It's very irritating as I keep my phone off mobile data most of the time. If they had unlimited data I could care less but since they don't I want the ability to toggle mine on and off. Now you have to go to Setting>Connections>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data to turn it on and off. I suppose I can use the Airplane Mode but that turns off everything.

Kevin
    So the ATT update is being pushed again? I have not received the update on my phone...

11-28-2013 11:47 AM

Kevin
    You can add a widget that can turn on and off the data connection in the playstore

Envoy de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
    11-28-2013 12:28 PM
    So the ATT update is being pushed again? I have not received the update on my phone...

Yes the rollout is being pushed through again. Of course you can go to check update on your phone if you really want it.

Another issue that I seem to now have is that the phone will not get a good signal to place calls unless I turn on mobile data and then the 4G turns on. Never had to do that before. 4G was always available whether mobile data was on or off. And yes I did install an app to toggle mobile data on and off but I want my Samsung toggle back!

Kevin
    11-28-2013 10:01 PM
    And yes I did install an app to toggle mobile data on and off but I want my Samsung toggle back!

Kevin
    Unfortunately they took it off!
    There are many of us that would love to get that toggle back!

Now we are stuck with a Reading Mode toggle! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    11-29-2013 12:15 AM
    I'm on Sprint and the Data toggle is gone after the update to 4.3, my friends on T-Mobile also had the data toggle disappear. 😡

12-06-2013 06:58 AM
    I'm on Sprint and the Data toggle is gone after the update to 4.3, my friends on T-Mobile also had the data toggle disappear.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about it. I guess the best approach would be to let the carriers know this is an issue for a lot of people that they should fix.
    12-06-2013 10:27 AM
    I've seen a lot of people complaining about it. I guess the best approach would be to let the carriers know this is an issue for a lot of people that they should fix.
    Definitely! :banghead:

12-06-2013 08:10 PM
    Well, what do you know. There's an update for the Sprint GS4.
    4.3 update, question!!-1387201682670.jpg

12-16-2013 07:48 AM