Subject says it all: when i open a picture within a text message, it takes me right to the gallery now. Before, it would just open the picture and i could hit "back" and return right to the text message. Now once i view a picture in a text, it takes me to the gallery, and i have to keep hitting back until i'm out of the gallery, then open messaging again and then go back to the text message i was viewing! Ugh it's really frustrating now. I think it's likely to have happened with the 4.3 update, although i'm not sure. Any ideas?
    11-17-2013 07:40 PM
    I was going to say go under system settings - app manager - whatever messenger app you're using and clear defaults?
    Then when you go back into your messenger and tap the pic it may give you options of what program you want to open it. But....

I just tried this with the stock messenger and clear defaults wasn't available to clear though and mine opens with the stock gallery. The stock gallery also had no default set. So that's not going to work.

Using a 3rd party messenger though i get 8 different choices of apps to open the pic to make as default. So I'm thinking it's a stock issue.
    I'm on 4.2 still btw and only need to hit back button once to return to the stock messenger.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-17-2013 08:32 PM