I used to have a contact in my S4 contacts "Looby Lou" - my wife.

Something I did in the last hour (and that may have been adding Skype details for her) has caused it to be named "Louise Swift". Nothing I do will change it back to "Looby Lou".

In utter desperation, I created a new contact "Looby Lou", added phone numbers, email addresses, persona photo, and then saved it. There was now NO contact called "Looby Lou", but the "Louise Swift" contact was being displayed.

Should I delete her completely, and start over?
    11-18-2013 08:21 AM
    Did you input the contact name "Louise Swift" in Skype? Is there any service, i.e. Google, that you have at anytime saved the name as "Louise Swift"? I'm trying to figure out how that name was inputed as opposed to the original Looby Lou.

You could delete the contact and start over. If it happens again try and retrace your tracks and find the problem.
    11-22-2013 10:10 AM
    Retracing the steps could be a bit tiresome, as I'd have to write everything down as I went along. I have poor short-term memory (as witness the fact that I don't recall exactly what got me into this pickle in the first place).

However, since I felt that adding Skype was the cause of the problem, I looked at the Skype profile for my wife, and found the "Nickname" field blank. So I gave her a nickname of "Looby Lou" and her name in my contacts followed suit.

So, all's well that ends well!
    11-22-2013 12:32 PM