09-29-2014 08:57 AM
33 12
    I recently began using the Samsung Keyboard that comes on the phone again after using the downloaded Google keyboard. I noticed that when I switched back to the Samsung keyboard, is when I started having the home button issue. I switched back to the Google keyboard and haven't had the problem since.
    Came to say that this appears to have worked for me too. Thanks!
    03-01-2014 07:31 PM
    I am glad to know I'm not alone! Not only is a short press taking a long time and opening up task manager, but it does so even if I only have two apps open! Also, I've noticed that it takes forever for the phone to know when its been unplugged. It stays completely locked up until it wakes up. Even if I unlock it before I unplug it, it freezes for several minutes while it figures out it's been unplugged. Are these two issues related?
    03-08-2014 03:11 PM
    This problem is very annoying, I've searched high and low and the only fix I found was to install Wanam Xposed. It allows you to change the home button functionality. You can also disable the short cut to task manager. I did this and it cured the problem. The app is useful for other things too like disabling low battery warnings.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 10:07 AM
    So, I have deleted all my unused apps and deleted all of my texts (I I had ALOT) I restarted my phone and have yet to have this issue again. I will keep you guys posted!
    03-12-2014 12:05 PM
    So I think I figured this one out... I have been having the same problem since updating to Android 4.4.2.

On your phone, go to Settings > My Device > Accessibility > Press and hold delay.

Mine was set to Short (0.5 seconds) and I changed it to Long (1.5 seconds).

I had to reboot afterward because it appeared to run sluggish, but after the reboot it's working like before - single press of the Home Button returns me to the desktop and not the Application Manager. And I have 6 applications running without a problem.

UPDATE: This will affect the long-press hold when using a keyboard. I suggest reducing the above setting to Medium (1.0 second), otherwise you speedy typists out there will get very frustrated when needing that alternate key.
    04-14-2014 02:10 PM
    Hi, so did anyone with this problem tried to do a Factory reset and a full wipe to mobile? I did have this problem with the home button and the notification bar button(didnt display all options), after doing a Farctory reset and wipe, Its working...

Try it, but save all first.
    05-13-2014 08:12 AM
    Solved I hope!... Simply re enable s voice double press. It takes a fraction longer to go to the home screen, but at least it doesn't open the task manager. Good luck!
    08-11-2014 06:14 PM
    Turning off "Open via the home key" on S Voice and turning that back on and then a restart fixed the issue for me. To do so:

1. Open SVoice
    2. Tap the menu button (left of center) and select settings.
    3. Un-check the "Open via the home key" and then re-check it, or if it is already un-checked, do the on, then off again and exit
    4. Reboot the phone

Good Luck!
    09-29-2014 08:57 AM
33 12