Basically just woke up one morning and the S4 hadn't been charging all night and said that a dock was connected which it wasn't and never has been? Now the device won't charge most of the time and when it does you have to be careful not to touch it or charging will stop? Anyone got any ideas or fixes? Any help at all would be appreciated this phone is only 2 months old and has already been repaired once for a faulty sim card reader so I dont really want to have to send it back to Samsung again I'm just quickly losing my patience with them

Thanks everyone In advance
    11-18-2013 04:26 PM
    Sounds like something is wrong with the connection... Could be the cable or the actual port. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it's something you can fix via a DIY unless you have the technical knowledge and skills the people from ifixit have. Wish Samsung would just give you a new phone instead of having you deal with a faulty device. :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    11-19-2013 12:23 AM
    Think im going to get rid of it once its fixed theres no denying that they are cutting edge handsets but the build quality is very poor
    11-19-2013 01:23 AM
    I have the exact same problem on my Samsung note 2. I am pretty sure it is because of moisture after i took it on a trek under heavy rainfall. After opening it up, i can see the white mineral deposits all over the components. I think replacing the charging circuit should work. I have ordered it on ebay Charging Port Dock USB Connector Flex Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note2 GT-N7105.
    07-26-2014 02:28 AM