Time for a rant about the LACK of the 4.3 update to Canadians!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can live being one of the last Countries to get updates. But what I can't get over, is the fact T-Mobile Galaxy S3's are getting Android 4.3 before
we are getting it on our S4's in Canada! Absolute BS!

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That's because your provider hasn't taken long enough to Beta test it and report back to Samsung.

There are multiple providers who had put this update out and then pulled it within a few days, Virtually all the big US carriers are involved plus some overseas as well.

sfilansno1fan

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
It's happened to a lot of people so you cannot blame it on one network that's why samsung have pulled the update

Posted via Android Central App

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I can live being one of the last Countries to get updates. But what I can't get over, is the fact T-Mobile Galaxy S3's are getting Android 4.3 before
we are getting it on our S4's in Canada! Absolute BS!

I guess you can be thankful the S3's got the update first. It's full of issues and has been halted for both S3 and S4.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess you can be thankful the S3's got the update first. It's full of issues and has been halted for both S3 and S4.

It hasn't been halted for the S4. Where are you getting this info. S3, CERTAIN providers, yes, but that's it. I spoke to Samsung Canada and Telus yesterday and it's still on track and there was nothing pulled.

- - - Updated - - -

It's happened to a lot of people so you cannot blame it on one network that's why samsung have pulled the update

Posted via Android Central App

No but you can blame it on your network for not in house testing it long enough to see there was an issue before releasing it, that's what I am saying.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It hasn't been halted for the S4. Where are you getting this info. S3, CERTAIN providers, yes, but that's it. I spoke to Samsung Canada and Telus yesterday and it's still on track and there was nothing pulled.

Really?

Take a few seconds and Google "4.3 update halted for s4". Not every carrier has pulled it but most have. If your carrier hasn't I would be very wary of installing it just yet. From early indications it's a one way street.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Really?

Take a few seconds and Google "4.3 update halted for s4". Not every carrier has pulled it but most have. If your carrier hasn't I would be very wary of installing it just yet. From early indications it's a one way street.

Nothing on Android is a one way street if you don't want it to be.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless you trip the knox counter... Not everyone will go that direction but those that do haven't found a way back... yet.

True I guess. I personally didn't care.. Rooted and froze Knox and other things that I didn't want or need running :).

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Same for your carrier releasing it right?

My carrier is Telus, and it's still on track to be released by the end of November. Bell has it coming out tomorrow, not on hold.
AT&T and US Celular are the only 2 that have put 4.3 on hold for the S4. It's mainly the S3. Which I could care less about as this thread is regards the S4.
There are no Canadian providers that have placed the 4.3 update on hold thus far for the S4.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon went ahead and now their users have the 4.3 software and the following bonus features:

• Appalling battery life, even when charging
  • Screen blackouts
  • Voice recognition broken
  • Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
  • Wi-Fi guest network login problems
  • Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
  • Text messaging contact issues
  • Verizon car charger does not work
  • Mobile data icon missing
  • Music player self-launching
  • Bluetooth audio cutting out
  • Slower performance
  • Widget problems, Air View not working
  • Screen rotation broken

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Verizon went ahead and now their users have the 4.3 software and the following bonus features:

• Appalling battery life, even when charging
  • Screen blackouts
  • Voice recognition broken
  • Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
  • Wi-Fi guest network login problems
  • Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
  • Text messaging contact issues
  • Verizon car charger does not work
  • Mobile data icon missing
  • Music player self-launching
  • Bluetooth audio cutting out
  • Slower performance
  • Widget problems, Air View not working
  • Screen rotation broken

Sucks that your provider didn't spend the time testing it in house before releasing it in a rush.

Oh and Samsung has ironed out any issues with the Galaxy S3 4.3 update, at least in the US and they are back on track.
I am confident my CANADIAN provider, when it DOES come out will have ironed out all the bugs in house before
sending it out to it's subscribers.