11-26-2013 05:57 AM
31 12
tools
    I can live being one of the last Countries to get updates. But what I can't get over, is the fact T-Mobile Galaxy S3's are getting Android 4.3 before
    we are getting it on our S4's in Canada! Absolute BS!
    11-19-2013 06:09 PM
    Be thankful your Wi-fi still works....
    11-19-2013 09:47 PM
    Be thankful your Wi-fi still works....
    Kind of unrelated...but okay Ha ha ha
    11-20-2013 08:40 AM
    The bell samsung galaxy S4 is supposed to get Android 4.3 this Saturday. As a leaked document is showing.
    Here is the link below for where I found out.

Bell upgrading Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 mini to Android 4.3 on November 23rd, also brings Galaxy Gear compatibility | MobileSyrup.com
    11-21-2013 09:23 AM
    u really dont want this update its screwed most s4 and s3's in the uk
    11-21-2013 09:25 AM
    u really dont want this update its screwed most s4 and s3's in the uk
    That's because your provider hasn't taken long enough to Beta test it and report back to Samsung.
    11-21-2013 11:20 AM
    That's because your provider hasn't taken long enough to Beta test it and report back to Samsung.
    There are multiple providers who had put this update out and then pulled it within a few days, Virtually all the big US carriers are involved plus some overseas as well.
    sfilansno1fan likes this.
    11-21-2013 11:23 AM
    It's happened to a lot of people so you cannot blame it on one network that's why samsung have pulled the update

Posted via Android Central App
    11-21-2013 11:23 AM
    I can live being one of the last Countries to get updates. But what I can't get over, is the fact T-Mobile Galaxy S3's are getting Android 4.3 before
    we are getting it on our S4's in Canada! Absolute BS!
    I guess you can be thankful the S3's got the update first. It's full of issues and has been halted for both S3 and S4.
    11-21-2013 11:29 AM
    I guess you can be thankful the S3's got the update first. It's full of issues and has been halted for both S3 and S4.
    It hasn't been halted for the S4. Where are you getting this info. S3, CERTAIN providers, yes, but that's it. I spoke to Samsung Canada and Telus yesterday and it's still on track and there was nothing pulled.

- - - Updated - - -

It's happened to a lot of people so you cannot blame it on one network that's why samsung have pulled the update

No but you can blame it on your network for not in house testing it long enough to see there was an issue before releasing it, that's what I am saying.
    11-21-2013 04:26 PM
    Please list all the really important things you're missing out on by not having 4.3?

OptimuS G Pro
    11-21-2013 04:48 PM
    As Canadians, yall should be using blackberry devices!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    11-21-2013 04:54 PM
    It hasn't been halted for the S4. Where are you getting this info. S3, CERTAIN providers, yes, but that's it. I spoke to Samsung Canada and Telus yesterday and it's still on track and there was nothing pulled.
    Really?

Take a few seconds and Google "4.3 update halted for s4". Not every carrier has pulled it but most have. If your carrier hasn't I would be very wary of installing it just yet. From early indications it's a one way street.
    11-22-2013 05:59 AM
    Same for your carrier releasing it right?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    11-22-2013 06:40 AM
    Really?

Take a few seconds and Google "4.3 update halted for s4". Not every carrier has pulled it but most have. If your carrier hasn't I would be very wary of installing it just yet. From early indications it's a one way street.
    Nothing on Android is a one way street if you don't want it to be.

11-22-2013 06:41 AM
    Nothing on Android is a one way street if you don't want it to be.
    Unless you trip the knox counter... Not everyone will go that direction but those that do haven't found a way back... yet.
    11-22-2013 07:54 AM
    Unless you trip the knox counter... Not everyone will go that direction but those that do haven't found a way back... yet.
    True I guess. I personally didn't care.. Rooted and froze Knox and other things that I didn't want or need running .

11-22-2013 09:11 AM
    Same for your carrier releasing it right?

My carrier is Telus, and it's still on track to be released by the end of November. Bell has it coming out tomorrow, not on hold.
    AT&T and US Celular are the only 2 that have put 4.3 on hold for the S4. It's mainly the S3. Which I could care less about as this thread is regards the S4.
    There are no Canadian providers that have placed the 4.3 update on hold thus far for the S4.
    11-22-2013 01:15 PM
    Yeah, Verizon went ahead and now their users have the 4.3 software and the following bonus features:

• Appalling battery life, even when charging
    • Screen blackouts
    • Voice recognition broken
    • Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
    • Wi-Fi guest network login problems
    • Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
    • Text messaging contact issues
    • Verizon car charger does not work
    • Mobile data icon missing
    • Music player self-launching
    • Bluetooth audio cutting out
    • Slower performance
    • Widget problems, Air View not working
    • Screen rotation broken
    11-22-2013 01:25 PM
    Yeah, Verizon went ahead and now their users have the 4.3 software and the following bonus features:

• Appalling battery life, even when charging
    • Screen blackouts
    • Voice recognition broken
    • Wi-Fi instability problems, constant reconnecting
    • Wi-Fi guest network login problems
    • Constant switching between 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks
    • Text messaging contact issues
    • Verizon car charger does not work
    • Mobile data icon missing
    • Music player self-launching
    • Bluetooth audio cutting out
    • Slower performance
    • Widget problems, Air View not working
    • Screen rotation broken
    Sucks that your provider didn't spend the time testing it in house before releasing it in a rush.

Oh and Samsung has ironed out any issues with the Galaxy S3 4.3 update, at least in the US and they are back on track.
    I am confident my CANADIAN provider, when it DOES come out will have ironed out all the bugs in house before
    sending it out to it's subscribers.
    11-22-2013 05:31 PM
    There is nothing about 4.3 that is important enough to be upset about not getting. Be thankful you hadn't got it. When you do you will really have a reason to be upset. I wish I never accepted this update.

11-22-2013 06:29 PM
    There is nothing about 4.3 that is important enough to be upset about not getting. Be thankful you hadn't got it. When you do you will really have a reason to be upset. I wish I never accepted this update.

There is a HUGE update that is important in 4.3 and that is Galaxy Gear support.
    11-23-2013 05:26 AM
    Just woke up (6:30am) and checked for my update and Bell has begun pushing them out! Did not get an OTA, but when I manually checked it started downloading the package.

11-23-2013 05:45 AM
    well i hope it works out better for you then it has most users
    Just woke up (6:30am) and checked for my update and Bell has begun pushing them out! Did not get an OTA, but when I manually checked it started downloading the package.

11-23-2013 07:01 AM
    No issues so far! Everything seems to be working perfectly but I guess I won't fully know until a few days go by lol.

Actually maybe you could answer a question, has Samsung replaced their stock messaging app with hangouts? Can't find it anywhere lol

11-23-2013 07:07 AM
31 12