Samsung Galaxy S4 - Sound over Bluetooth issues

Tom Ribbens

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently got an upgrade from my S3 to an S4. On my S3 I was running SuperNexus, but I'm currently still running the Samsung ROM on the S4.

However, I've got issues with sound and notifications over Bluetooth. I often listen to podcasts using the PocketCasts application, or to audiobooks through Audible while in the car. At the same time, I use Waze as GPS. Now, since I am using the S4, when Waze plays a sound, everything goes haywire. Before, on my S3 depending on which app I was using, it mixed it together without a problem, or paused the other sound, and started playing again after the notification. On the S4, it always pauses, then plays again for a second or two, and then stops. However, the application still seems to be playing the sound, and I have to play a bit with the play/pause button, both on my car and on the application to get sound again. I have the same with standard notifications as well.

Any idea how I can resolve this? Preferably it should all just be mixed together, but I could live with a pause, and then let it continue.

Thanks!