S Memo not saving correctly

kingtech

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I use S Memo as a quick way to jot down labor hours when doing work for clients and random notes regarding their network setup. I've had this phone over a month now and the entire time S Memo has had this problem of not remembering what I saved in the memo last. If it's a memo I've edited and re-saved, a lot of times when I open the memo again and tap to edit, it reverts all the contents to what had been saved the time before the last save. This wipes out a lot of things that I need to remember later. Having to re-type it all every other time is really getting annoying and I don't have the best memory in the world so I need this to work!

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't this problem in my fairly slight use of S Memo, but obviously it would be very aggravating. Have you tried going into Application manager and clearing the S Memo cache? (Not the data--I'd be afraid that that would wipe out all your memos!)

Doug Easley

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, it always reverts back to the previous save when I open the file. However, the preview of the memo has the current save pictured on it so I know it has it stored in there somewhere. It just wont open the correct one.

Sarah Olesen

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem as you guys since I got the phone. I think it has something to do with syncing it to the google and samsung account but I can't figure it out. If anyone has a solution i'm all ears!

okhoosier

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had my phone about 3 months when I began having this problem. Up until then I could enter a previously saved note and edit without an issue. Now if i attempt to enter the saved note, it reverts to the previous saves (actually about 3 saves prior). This is a ridiculous problem. S Memo saves my info but I can only view it and not change it or risk losing the info. I did go into the applications manager and delete the cache for S memo without success. It did not fix this issue.

toddrich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem similar, when I try to open a certain note, and I can see the text is correct in the thumbnail, when the note opens...it's a different note! WTF?

Busse

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
As awful as it is to say, sometimes default apps for google/samsung don't work perfectly. Often (to me at least) appear to be rushed to compete with other companies. Perhaps check the Play Store for miscellaneous Note taking applications. After all, I don't use any of the Samsung apps with the exception of WatchON (remote control) and have no issues. Unfortunately I'm old-fashioned and don't take down notes via cell phone. Worth trying out some third party apps though.

DPV111

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This happens if information is entered in a memo with a date set in the specialazed date feild. The info will revert to the status it was on the date in the date box.

To resolve this delete the date box and enter dates via text.