I just noticed it this morning, no idea how it got wet but when i took the case off it was damp! you can clearly see condensation behind the light glass. I didnt notice this until I took it in to have it looked at. Am I too late? I just powered it off and took everything out and buried it in rice. My phone works fine, except the touch screen is a bit wonky. it may not register if i try to type, do the pull down menu....I really dont want to be screwed here
    11-20-2013 03:09 PM
    Do you carry it in your pocket, jogging or anything? close to a really steamy shower? Unless you took it swimming or in the shower, not many causes to pick from. If the water strip is not triggered, you may be able to take it in for replacement as a faulty screen.
    11-20-2013 05:44 PM
    do you know someone with a Foodsaver? If they have the adapter for pumping down containers, that works wonders on watches with fogged crystals. Otherwise you might try a hearing aid place. They have vacuum gear to remove moisture in aids.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-20-2013 06:36 PM
    I dont keep it in my pocket, though i do take it in the bathroom when i shower, but i have a 9.5 mo old so its not too often. I made the mistake of attempting to turn it on. It does, but the screen is doing that rolling flash thing, Im sorry I dont know the technical name for it. The moisture that I can see is behind the flash glass. I put it back into the rice though. Its very frustrating since it does turn on... The moisture tag on the battery is the only one that triggered. I dont think the warranty would help me any here, the Verizon tech said its pretty much a lost cause but I know phones can come back to life. I just need any help or advice.
    11-20-2013 07:05 PM
    I still think that vacuum pumping would help a lot. Not sure how effective rice is. At drug/variety stores you can buy canisters of dessicant designed to be placed in damp locations. Over time they fill with water. You could try placing your phone in an air tight container with a canister, taking care that none of the dessicant can spill on it.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-21-2013 09:36 AM