I have a 32gb external memory card in phone. I normally use it for movies. I would plug phone into computer through the usb and transfer some movies from my computer to the SD card.. it will work for a couple of days then i would go to my card file on phone and the movies will be GONE. the first time i created a folder on my SD Card called "moves".. then it dissappeared.. then i tried putting movies into an existing preset folder on my SD card.. thinking it made a difference. but it still dissppeared. Am i doing something wrong?

does anyone know how to put and keep files on SD Card and keep them there?. i dont know if this is a phone issue or an SD issue.
    11-21-2013 08:32 AM
    I have a 32gb external memory card in phone. I normally use it for movies. I would plug phone into computer through the usb and transfer some movies from my computer to the SD card.. it will work for a couple of days then i would go to my card file on phone and the movies will be GONE. the first time i created a folder on my SD Card called "moves".. then it dissappeared.. then i tried putting movies into an existing preset folder on my SD card.. thinking it made a difference. but it still dissppeared. Am i doing something wrong?

does anyone know how to put and keep files on SD Card and keep them there?. i dont know if this is a phone issue or an SD issue.
    That sounds like data corruption on the card. There are forum posts here (such as this thread - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...on-issues.html) and all over the Internet concerning the problems Samsung phones seem to have with SD cards. There's apparently no way to know for sure if your particular Samsung phone will play nice with your SD card. One thing you could try would be to unmount the card and remove it from the phone, put it in an adapter or card reader (if you have one that fits micro SD cards), and open the card as a drive in Windows, then use the Windows file system tools (accessed through the SD card "drive" properties) to check the card for errors, then re-install in the phone. Other people suggest formatting the card, either in the phone or using your PC. If none of that works and you verify your files are being corrupted on the card, look into replacing the card either through warranty with the seller/manufacturer or by buying a new one.
    11-21-2013 12:50 PM
    Yeahp. Unfortunately, this is becoming quite the "norm" with Samsung devices and "mostly" Sandisk Ultra mSD cards. Very troublesome indeed and there doesn't seem to be a reliable fix that works across the board.

OptimuS G Pro
    11-21-2013 01:14 PM
    Hello all,
    This is my first smartphone and my first post, so be kind, please. I just bought a Galaxy S 4 from T Mobile and noticed it did not have a SD card in it. First question...is this normal or did they forget to put one in the box?
    Second lead up to question..I just bought one and inserted it into my phone's slot. It was a 64 G and immediately showed up as a 59 once inserted. Question...do all photos I take automatically go into the SD card or do they only go in there once the phone's memory fills up? We are heading to Europe and the phone will be our camera, so I do not want to mess up.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-24-2013 09:27 AM
    Hello all,
    This is my first smartphone and my first post, so be kind, please. I just bought a Galaxy S 4 from T Mobile and noticed it did not have a SD card in it. First question...is this normal or did they forget to put one in the box?
    Second lead up to question..I just bought one and inserted it into my phone's slot. It was a 64 G and immediately showed up as a 59 once inserted. Question...do all photos I take automatically go into the SD card or do they only go in there once the phone's memory fills up? We are heading to Europe and the phone will be our camera, so I do not want to mess up.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    You do have to buy your own SD card, nothing unusual about that. The card capacity always shows up as something less than the rated size, so the 59GB is not unusual. You have to go into the camera settings to specify that the camera will save the images to the external SD card, it will not do it automatically. When you open the camera app, click on the gear with a down arrow icon on the right side of the camera window, which will open a vertical column of icons, then click on the gear icon that's at the top of that list of icons. That will open a settings window; click on the gear icon at the top right of that window and scroll down to the Storage setting, and select either "Device" for internal phone storage or "Memory card" for external SD card storage.

It might be safest, however, to save them to the phone's internal memory, since there are some reports of SD cards corrupting data so that saved pictures are ruined (this happened to me). If you save them to the external SD card, I'd recommend using Google sync or some other backup so they're also saved to an Internet storage site like Google or Dropbox automatically after you take them; that way you'll have them even if the SD card messes up.
    11-24-2013 10:23 AM
    Thanks very much, appreciate your info and advice.
    11-24-2013 04:53 PM
    Just to add my 2 cents . I have a Galaxy s4 32GB internal . I have read all the reports on the internet as to how the SD cards are having trouble in the S4. I have run into several problems with the same issue BUT I have a 16gb sd card that works perfectly fine with no corruption or loss of files. The thing I have run into most is that the SD card quality control is lousy across the board. My suggestion would be to download a simple program like H2testw H2testw Free Download or Crystal disk Crystal Dew World. The program tests the memory for the corruption issues. I have come across several micro sd cards that could only hold about 8 gig whilst the other 49 is corrupted and will not support or retain any programs. I test all my memory cards for integrity and thus far for free programs have saved me alot of time and headaches..
    02-18-2014 06:15 PM