Are you still happy with your S4?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got mine awhile after they came out when my RAZR Maxx went bouncing down the highway at 80 miles an hour. I am very happy with my S4.

'Nuff Said'

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I am quite happy with my S4. It is a great phone with amazing performance and it seems to handle every task I throw at it with ease. This phone is the best one I have had to date and I am perfectly happy using it. That being said I think battery life is probably the only thing I have to really complain about the Galaxy S4 because as a heavy user that checks emails, browses the web, makes calls and streams video and music it doesnt last as long as id like it to. To counter that though I bought a couple extra batteries so now that really isn't an issue. Im usually the type of person who wants a new phone every couple of months but I have to say I have been quite satisfied with the Galaxy S4.

Posted via Android Central App

Mrteeth

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I slammed my Razr Maxx against the wall after the thing locked up on me one day. I ended up getting a GS4 and have been pretty happy with it ever since. It does have some quirks. Certain things don't work. Certain app freezes. Wifi turns off/on. But overall, this is not a simple phone like the Iphone. It's more powerful. It has more features. It has more things that can go wrong. BUt most of them are minor things I can correct.

I have Liquipeled the phone. I put it into a virtually indestructible case. This thing is going to be my phone for the next 2-3 years.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm so-so... I wish I could have waited longer and gotten myself a Note 3. I'm unhappy about the internal memory. I now have to prioritize which apps I use because the internal memory is so low... And I've been migrating all pictures (screenshots, for example), all data I can switch over to the microSD card. It is frustrating. I came over from a HTC One X+ and it's frustrating since I didn't have this problem with my previous phone. I might have to factory reset... Maybe it's the dalvik cache or something. Wish Samsung didn't take up more of my inadequate internal memory with that bloody Knox container.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

i'm using a micro sd myself nothing has change with speed you need to make sure you get the faster micro sd sdhc card otherwise it's totally useless regular micro sd although is cheap is not fast enough to run music or photos there.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got a S4 after having a HTC evo 4g for over 2 years. I've been less than impressed but wanted to have the opinion of those who have had the phone longer than I have. I'll start with the video quality since it might really be a deal breaker for me. From what I understand, the s4 screen is high resolution but when it tries to play videos that aren't high resolution they look absolutely terrible. I understand why it happens but the fact there is nothing you can do about it is unacceptable to me. Even pictures that aren't high resolution look terrible. The evo was 2 years older and could do a better job playing videos.

The general function of the phone has been frustrating the last couple days. Day 1-2, the video player won't scroll foreward, music apps like jango and pandora take about 40 seconds to play the next song. Day 3 videos completely stopped playing so I did a factory reset. Videos worked but really, 3 days and have to reset the phone? I also tried the music apps and they would only play one song and freeze. Day 4 things seemed to work ok accept for youtube. Youtube played one video just fine but wouldn't do anything else until I restarted the phone. Here it is on day 5 ,about to return the phone, and things mysteriously seem to work fine. Videos, music and chrome all work just fine. Up until today I had been killing all the apps I wasn't using and clearing the cache to free up all the rom I could. Since it is working fine today I turned on everything I can and didn't kill any apps and everything is working fine. So my question is does this phone hold up over time or is it hit and miss on how it functions?

I'm not so sure I'm happy with mine anymore. I'm considering switching to the moto x but the camera is holding me back. It seems with time mine is getting laggy and I can only do so many resets. But I just got the 4.3 update a few days ago and did a factory reset again as I do with most big updates so we will see how well it fairs in the next few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

mrphloid

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had my s4 for 3 months ..came from iphone.. I was always hardcore apple.. but this blows it away.. hands down a better device in my opinion. .. very happy with my decision to jump ship!

Posted via Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Certain things don't work. Certain app freezes. Wifi turns off/on. But overall, this is not a simple phone like the Iphone. It's more powerful. It has more features. It has more things that can go wrong. BUt most of them are minor things I can correct.

I've had mine for about 6 months now. I have never had the wi-fi turn on and off. That may not be the phone's fault...
The only app I have that freezes is when I try to use the screen mirroring with Samsung's smart tv. Damned if I can get that to work.

Kenny_lex

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am happy, I like Samsungs csmera better than the standard Android camera and I did even like the pre installed apps in it. I do not like that I not can adjust the sreen contrast and colors or enabled or disable GPS via TecTiles, but I love my s4.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I slammed my Razr Maxx against the wall after the thing locked up on me one day. I ended up getting a GS4 and have been pretty happy with it ever since. It does have some quirks. Certain things don't work. Certain app freezes. Wifi turns off/on. But overall, this is not a simple phone like the Iphone. It's more powerful. It has more features. It has more things that can go wrong. BUt most of them are minor things I can correct.

I have Liquipeled the phone. I put it into a virtually indestructible case. This thing is going to be my phone for the next 2-3 years.

Make sure you have smart WiFi turned off

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm amzaed how so many people can have so many different experiences with the same phone. I'm a former iPhone user (3GS, 4S, 5, 5S) and I keep coming back to the S4. Tried the Nexus 5 and hate the washed out screen, HTC One's camera issues were unacceptable so for me the S4 is the best phone available for Anroid not counting the Note 3.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since it came out on Verizon and I've been super happy with it. It's performed wonderfully and the battery life has been good considering how much I have running.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Had the Evo 4G, was an amazing phone. But the Gs4 has been the only phone I've kept over 4months. I love it. Still think it's amazing. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D