My wife just upgraded to a GS4 about a month ago and loves it. She has also expressed interest in getting a tablet. Is there any inherent advantage to getting her a Samsung tablet to go with her GS4 over other brands?

I'm not all that familiar with Samsung devices and wasn't sure if they featured any inter-operative modes or shared a secret handshake or anything.

If not, I'll probably wind up getting her a new Nexus 7 for Christmas. Unless anyone has a better suggestion...
    11-22-2013 03:58 PM
    I can't really seen an advantage apart from syncing content across both devices. I have a Samsung tablet that I use alongside my S4. I prefer to have a Samsung tablet because I am familiar with the interface and I like many of the features of touch wiz. I also prefer Samsung screens to those of the other android manufacturers. However I also have an ipad mini which obviously has nothing to do with Samsung and I use that just fine.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    11-22-2013 04:30 PM
    My wife just upgraded to a GS4 about a month ago and loves it. She has also expressed interest in getting a tablet. Is there any inherent advantage to getting her a Samsung tablet to go with her GS4 over other brands?

I'm not all that familiar with Samsung devices and wasn't sure if they featured any inter-operative modes or shared a secret handshake or anything.

If not, I'll probably wind up getting her a new Nexus 7 for Christmas. Unless anyone has a better suggestion...
    I have a galaxy s4 on Verizon and a WiFi version Asus nexus 7 (2013). Its a great tablet for a great price. I paid 270$ for a 32GB version, and just got android 4.4 today!

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2013 04:30 AM
    Thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure she wouldn't be missing out on any features if I got her a non-Samsung tablet.

303kush - I have last year's N7, so I know what a great value they are. It's just a shame I can't get away with wrapping up my N7 and putting it under the tree for her and buying the new N7 for me... :-D

Posted via Android Central App
    11-23-2013 09:07 AM