OK----I have searched everywhere for an answer-maybe someone can help me-I got the notice to update to 4.3 When it goes to install it opens back up in a different screen. When the phone turns back on it says goteamwin. i think its some type of developer mode. Then there are all these files. I don't understand what it is doing. It did say that no md5 file found and that the zip file was corrupted. I have to pull the battery to get my phone to work. I have tried a factory reset. It did not work.
    11-23-2013 05:48 PM
    OK----I have searched everywhere for an answer-maybe someone can help me-I got the notice to update to 4.3 When it goes to install it opens back up in a different screen. When the phone turns back on it says goteamwin. i think its some type of developer mode. Then there are all these files. I don't understand what it is doing. It did say that no md5 file found and that the zip file was corrupted. I have to pull the battery to get my phone to work. I have tried a factory reset. It did not work.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you rooted your device?
    11-24-2013 09:26 AM
    Goteamwin is your TWRP custom recovery program. Your phone is or was rooted, you must likely will not be able to accept an over the air update, it needs to have stock recovery or it will Bork the process.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-24-2013 10:36 AM
    It was rooted but suppose to be unrooted. When I checked to see if its rooted it says it isn't. What would my next step be.?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 11:54 AM
    It was rooted but suppose to be unrooted. When I checked to see if its rooted it says it isn't. What would my next step be.?

It's rooted still, whom ever told you it wasn't is wrong or lied to you.
    You either run a customer rom, or you get it unrooted in order to allow it to accept OTA updates. But if your phone is unlocked then you can't get OTA updates no matter what.
    11-24-2013 01:27 PM
    I didn't know what Super User meant but it was in a file that I clicked on then it says that my phone is not rooted so I don't know what is going on.

11-24-2013 03:47 PM
    I didn't know what Super User meant but it was in a file that I clicked on then it says that my phone is not rooted so I don't know what is going on.

You may try a factory restore. But even if you do that, is your phone from your actual provider or is it unlocked?
    11-24-2013 05:46 PM
    I've done a factory reset. Still didn't do any good.

12-01-2013 11:29 AM
    From a provider. I had rooted it then un installed it. When I use root checker it says it isn't rooted.

12-01-2013 11:31 AM
    From a provider. I had rooted it then un installed it. When I use root checker it says it isn't rooted.

If the phone is from your actual provider, and is not rooted, then you should have no issues getting the update. Meaning it's still rooted.
    Whether it says it's not, or not, the fact is the phone is still seeing itself as rooted when it comes to an update. taht's that
    12-03-2013 02:56 PM
    Could someone please tell me how to unroot it??

12-04-2013 08:57 AM

which root method did you use to root?
    12-04-2013 09:27 AM
    I used Odin.

12-04-2013 05:22 PM

Let me google that for you
    12-07-2013 06:22 AM