Hi,

Samsung Galaxy running 4.2.2. If I use the manual controls in "Settings" or the "Volume Control" app then I can get most of the phone to stay silent; however if I've set the Clock app - that comes with Samsung's build of Android - to go off then it'll ignore these settings and play the alarm at volume anyway.

Is there any app that can override this behaviour, and stop any app from setting the volume?
    11-24-2013 02:49 PM
    It wouldn't change the volume but make an exception for the alarm. Personally I see this as a good feature. Maybe just set your alarms to vibrate?

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.
    11-24-2013 03:07 PM
    I don't get why you would set an alarm and then wish for it to not go off... Basically, this was intentionally done with the phone's software for practical reasons.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 04:50 PM
    Hmm, change your alarm sound to a silent one. You'd need to add this recording to your phones music folder then select the add option for alarm tone or as above selecr the vibration option under alarm type.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 10:54 PM
    Not sure if the clock app is the same as my Note 2 but it has its own volume setting separate from the other volume settings.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-25-2013 11:54 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, appreciated.

This is for when I set an alarm for something in a few days time - say an eBay auction - so I want to hear it. But then much nearer the time I'm at the cinema or similar, so set my phone to silent - where I'm more worried about disturbing the silence than hearing the alarm.

From what people have said - it looks I need to check my alarms when setting the phone to silent, *presuming* the "Clock" is the only app that can ignore the volume settings. Alternatively this might be something that "Tasker" or a similar app could do?
    11-26-2013 09:30 AM
    I don't get why you would set an alarm and then wish for it to not go off... Basically, this was intentionally done with the phone's software for practical reasons.
    I use the alarm to remind me to take medications. If I'm in a meeting, I still want to be reminded, but I don't want to be a PITA to everyone else in the room. I wonder if I could just plug in a headphone plug to silence the speaker? but still retain the vibration.
    07-17-2014 07:09 PM
    Alternatively this might be something that "Tasker" or a similar app could do?
    Yes, it's a piece of cake with tasker. It gives access to control of the regular volumes (notification, ringtone, media, system) plus some other volumes like alarm. Set alarm volume to zero and alarms are silenced.

You can do it manually or automatically based on conditions... like location.
    07-18-2014 10:58 AM