Touch Wiz Home issue in Samsung Galaxy S4

rvchahal

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

There is some strange problem in my Galaxy S4 after 4.3 update. Whenever I try to uninstall any app, it freezes and suddenly touch wiz home stops with message 'Unfortunately touch Wiz home has stopped'. It happens everytime when I try to uninstall any app.

Is there anyone else who is facing this issue, if yes please let me know solution if you have got that.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

There is some strange problem in my Galaxy S4 after 4.3 update. Whenever I try to uninstall any app, it freezes and suddenly touch wiz home stops with message 'Unfortunately touch Wiz home has stopped'. It happens everytime when I try to uninstall any app.

Is there anyone else who is facing this issue, if yes please let me know solution if you have got that.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing the cache partition.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

MCruz0711

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks

Just updated my Mobilicity"(Canada) Note 2 like 5 mins. Ago.

I have a widget "S Planner Month" on my home screen and it shows the same message whenever i go to that page (which is highly annoying cause all my meetings and appointments are listed there and i cant access it) I also cant edit the page and delete it. It wont even let me go to edit page.

So far this is the only problem i have at the moment. I dont know yet if theres more.

ladygreymyst

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I had same issue today after update to 4.3

I went to settings, application manager, all applications, I force stopped calender and force stopped calender storage,then disabled calender storage (I think that is where the conflict is) then went to home screen and trashed the calender widget to get it off my home screens and also the mini task widget. I rebooted and then went back and re enabled the calender storage but when I restored the calender widget to my home screen I got the messages again. So as long as you don't put the widget back on your home screen you won't get the messages. The calender will run properly if you launch it from the app screen. Definitely need a patch for that.

Blackbartmex

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just updated and have exact same issue as Mcruz0711 with S planner month. que paso Samsung? :mad: Very annoying. Fix this Sheit please. Any way of going back to the old firmware? I was happy with it, don't need all the fancified looks of the calculator and what not. Help plz!

s4cowboy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Same touch wiz home headaches. I had to uninstall google updates and it went away. Problem is I NEED google! Yes I'm addicted. I took my S4 to the AT&T store and a condescending rep said "All you have to do when it pops up is select Touch Wiz Home Icon of choice and select Always". Really??? Because I do that at least 6 times a day!!! Always, does not work in this case. Pops back up just about every time I use my Home button. (Accept when you're standing with the condescending rep!) Tired of using the "back" button to avoid it. Come on Samsung you've got to fix this issue! Anyone know if a fix is coming soon that doesn't require us to workaround other apps?

Darby Plath

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem and is very annoying. Every time I use my home button it asks to use touch wiz. And I ALWAYS put always and it comes up ALL the time. Fix anybody?

marlo wilks

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Try: settings/my device/home screen mode/standard mode/apply

This worked for me. I don't know if this makes a difference but, I started out choosing Touchwiz Easy Mode when the annoying prompt made me decide. I also said ALWAYS. From there I went into settings/my device/home screen mode/standard mode/apply.

Iskandar Muradov

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear user the problem is fixed and will not come back
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to My Devices
3. Go to Home Screen Mode
4. Lastly change it from Easy Mode to Standard Mode, click Apply, the problem will be fixed no need to do anything else. It will work, if it didn't let me know. THANK YOU AND I HOPE IT SOLVED EVERY ONES CONCERN

iiari

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Dear user the problem is fixed and will not come back
Dear Iskandar,

Thanks for trying to help, but that's one of the first things many of us tried. It doesn't stick. You can do what you outlined a thousand times and you'll get a prompt asking you to choose between standard and easy touchwiz every time you use a Google Search app, Google Now, or many random times you hit the home button. I've even tried using Apps whose sole purpose is to "stick" your app preferences. Nothing. The tech repair guy at the Sprint store was affected too and says it's "hopeless."

As I've said, the only person I've know who has beaten it has rooted his phone and deleted Touchwiz easy. I can't root my phone successfully, though :(

SEMPLEX

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
When ever i try to move a app from one place to another on my s4 just as im about to put it in its new location on he screen , it stops and the touch wiz notif.. comes up saying it has stopped working..................WHY IS THIS SOOOOOOOOO

Martina Gonzales

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After the kitkat upgrade I have experienced an issue with my back button. If I touch it twice, the screen blackens. To return to the normal screen i have to press the home button but, if i try to tap an app, it doesn't open.

I have to reboot the phone in order for it to go back to normal. I even tried to reset it to its factory settings but the issue still happens.

At first I don't have a clue on what's the cause of the problem but recently it displayed something like "the touchwiz is not responding".

Does anyone here know how to fix this?

perfecti0n00

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Did not work for me. I did that and I also chose TouchWiz-always on pop up. Still get the error message, Very frustrating.:mad:
Lately my phone has been freezing as well only since the touchwiz errors.. we've had to remove the battery in order to do anything with it when that happens.

perfecti0n00

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I was told by sprint to download NOVA Launcher, it was awful. Lots of my folders and apps were missing, and i had to uninstall it. What about re-installing TouchWiz? Anybody try that? Just curious. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was told by sprint to download NOVA Launcher, it was awful. Lots of my folders and apps were missing, and i had to uninstall it. What about re-installing TouchWiz? Anybody try that? Just curious. Thanks

Nova had them missing because it was the initial setup. Did you try the import from other launcher button?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

DrTroy

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just had to post this as I too had the touch wiz issues and became very frustrated. And yet there is a easy fix. All you have to do is.

1. When the touch wiz page pops up, click always. (All your icons will now be super large)

2. Flip screen to the next page and click easy settings icon.

3. Click easy mode, and turn to off. Boom your done. I haven't had any more touch wiz pop ups after this. Hope it helps.

Lori829

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok guys, I think I just figured it out. When you go into your Task Manager>Clear Defaults, do NOT clear the TouchWiz Home default. You can clear everything else but that. I have been playing around with this and so far whenever I touch the Home button it goes straight to the home without asking if I want to use TouchWiz. Someone had mentioned stopping the calendar and calendar storage, but not putting the calendar icon back onto your home screen, which I did. Now, ever since I stopped clearing the TouchWiz default in the Task Manager, I have put the calendar icon back on my home screen and I'm not having any issues with this stupid TouchWiz. Hope this makes sense and it helps you all. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power