I'm not sure what happened here, but last week I was able to control my Direct TV receiver with my GS4 Direct TV Remote App. I thought this was a stock app. Anyways, I downloaded two Direct TV remote app (Only two available on Google Play). Both required searching the network for a receiver. I don't have my receiver on the network so it didn't find anything. So in the end, nothing works.

Does anyone know if there was such thing as a stock remote that works with Direct TV? Does anyone know of an app that controls the newest DVR (Genie) for Direct TV?

Thanks.
    11-25-2013 11:19 AM
    I'm not sure what happened here, but last week I was able to control my Direct TV receiver with my GS4 Direct TV Remote App. I thought this was a stock app. Anyways, I downloaded two Direct TV remote app (Only two available on Google Play). Both required searching the network for a receiver. I don't have my receiver on the network so it didn't find anything. So in the end, nothing works.

Does anyone know if there was such thing as a stock remote that works with Direct TV? Does anyone know of an app that controls the newest DVR (Genie) for Direct TV?

Thanks.
    The only Stock App that does Remote Control is "WatchON" it's not just for Direct TV, it's for whatever you have. And it works well.
    That is probably the app you used. You can try that again, and go into settings and RESET it and start fresh. You don't need to have your receiver on the network for WATCHON, you simply choose for a list of receiver manufactures and it will choose codes for you until it works.
    11-27-2013 11:46 AM
    OK. I disabled that program. I'll enable it and we'll see what happens. Thanks.
    11-27-2013 12:38 PM