Please help - weird hardware issue bottom right

dwmay1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
There is a "gap" showing up between the black mesh and the clear glass. Looks like it is separating....glue???? Does this pic help?
2photo.jpg
photo (2).jpg

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
ya i see it now if it's still under warranty i would send to Samsung rather than trying to fix it yourself even though it's some what minor. But since you paid that much might as well take advantage of their warranty.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To me that is not "some what minor" at all. That's a complete fix it or get rid of it type of issue in my book. A piece of dust sitting upon my screen is "somewhat minor" in my book. The question is what caused this? Are you typically in hot or humid environments that would cause the glue to deteriorate and lead to separation? Things do happen but that should hopefully be completely covered by Samsung's warranty.

G Pad 8.3

dwmay1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Live in Charlotte NC. They are shipping a replacement out. But the tech went way overboard to mention water damage. I checked and photo'd the entire phone...not possible.

I just don't want to get jammed up...hope they take care of it, as this is my first Android after a long stint with Apple.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Live in Charlotte NC. They are shipping a replacement out. But the tech went way overboard to mention water damage. I checked and photo'd the entire phone...not possible.

I just don't want to get jammed up...hope they take care of it, as this is my first Android after a long stint with Apple.

The cost is less than molecular for them. All they need to do is ship you a replacement quick, fast, and in a hurry and they just may create a loyal customer. Who knows?

G Pad 8.3