Galaxy S4 Restore after Factory Reset

mikebanks385

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had two Galaxy S4s and I gave one to my friend. Prior to giving him the Galaxy S4, I decided to factory reset the phone (in settings backup and reset). The thing is, I dont remember if I unchecked all the backup options (automatic restore and backup my data) prior to the factory reset. I also dont remember if the backup settings were enabled on the device during the time I used it. The problem is that I did the factory reset and everything but when the device restarted after the factory reset, I didnt touch anything and left it as is then I brought it to my friend. Now Im scared that all my texts and emails may have been restored after the reset which I hope did not happen. I had some very important personal information on that phone. Do you think the texts and emails could have been restored or I would have to put my google account information in the phone for it to be restored?

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You need to out your Google account in for the information to be restored. I have factory reset my phones... Have settings to back things up. But before things got restored, I had to input my Google account first.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mikebanks385

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I was really worried that he could read all my texts,emails and other sensitive info. So if I understand correctly, after device is wiped out in factory reset, it will restart as if I just bought it brand new out of the box with nothing saved? And if I would want to restore all my texts and emails, I would have to enter all my google information again and if I don't nothing will be restored right?

Last edited:

Tsoneva Tso

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have restored the factory settings on my S4.
Stupid of me, I did neither remove my sim, nor the sd card.
I have lost all my texts and phone contacts.
Is there any way I can retrieve the phone book back?