Hi

My husband has got an Samsung Galaxy4 he only uses it to receive calls (not often) and to be reached when out on motorbike
    doesn't use internet, wifi, or anything else. But the battery is draining at an unbelievable rate I have put in new battery and it makes
    no difference, previously the battery would last about 2 weeks before recharging. I had to get it out of the bin he that frustrated with
    it. I only got it for him for ease of use as he is 67, but now regret it.

I have turned of everything that I thought might cause this it went fine for a week and now it is back to the fast draining, from 95% to 0 in 1 hour.

Please help....
    11-29-2013 06:53 PM
    Hi

My husband has got an Samsung Galaxy4 he only uses it to receive calls (not often) and to be reached when out on motorbike
    doesn't use internet, wifi, or anything else. But the battery is draining at an unbelievable rate I have put in new battery and it makes
    no difference, previously the battery would last about 2 weeks before recharging. I had to get it out of the bin he that frustrated with
    it. I only got it for him for ease of use as he is 67, but now regret it.

I have turned of everything that I thought might cause this it went fine for a week and now it is back to the fast draining, from 95% to 0 in 1 hour.

Please help....
    I would try clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps.
    This should work, follow instructions for the S3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html
    Let it charge powered off, and boot directly into recovery.
    11-30-2013 09:17 AM
    Also, take a look at the battery stats screen and see if there is anything running which could be draining battery. Little things, such as having the screen brightness settings automatic or set to high can cause significant battery drain. Try lowering it below 50 percent.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-30-2013 09:22 AM