App Icons gone after transfer to SD Card.

ManvirS

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So I moved apps and then some of the icons became transparent and dissappeared. Any solutions? Also some apps can't be moved to SD any ways to make them all move and not miss the icon?

Posted via Android Central App

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Try restarting your device so that it can reload the cache.

As for making all of the apps move it is not possible through the system settings as the ability to move the apps over has to be enabled by the developer.

ManvirS

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Even after rooting? I heard something about Apps2SD. I restarted only some came back.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry should have written stock system settings. Never tried apps2sd but that may work. Just never needed to

Robert Gilmore

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I've cleared the cache and rebooted, and the problem persists. All of the icons for my SD-card apps are grey rectangles with the label "SD".

Robert Gilmore

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I fixed the problem on my phone (an S3). I discarded all of the "ghost" shortcuts from my home screen and replaced them from the All Apps menu. I rebooted and now the "ghost" SD-card icons only appear for a split second after boot.

Pete777

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The forums here at A.C. are great (of course, so are the people who contribute). I had this problem on my Note 4 just now and the first thing I thought to do was run a search on Android Central and Viola! Just the right solution. Thanks!

CVAngelo

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
How do you discard and replace the shortcuts? and where is this "all apps menu"? beginner here.. ������

Just hold the icon for an extended length of time and then you can drag it to the recycle bin at the top of your screen.

May I ask, how do YOU find apps installed on your phone that are not on your home screens? That's where he's talking about. It's called the "app tray" and you will find ALL of your installed apps there. You can make a copy of ANY app that is in the "all apps tray" by holding it down for an extended length of time (don't just tap on it as this will only cause the app to open), and then you will see that you will be given the option to drag it to your home screen. Don't take your finger off it...just drag it where you want it to appear.

Vayneart

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I fixed the problem on my phone (an S3). I discarded all of the "ghost" shortcuts from my home screen and replaced them from the All Apps menu. I rebooted and now the "ghost" SD-card icons only appear for a split second after boot.

this works perfectly. i guess the old apps icon address does not change when the apps is moved to SD card. thx for the solution.

ONE_CHANCE_954

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
PLEASE HELP ME.. I know this is old but I can only can pray that someone still reads.. I have the same problem. But removing the shortcuts from home screen did nothing but remove the icon.. still when I goto menu the icons are still the all gray and say app not installed and when go to app menu they're there but say 00.0mb and can't be moved back to internal storage ne way because says doesnt exist. Can anyone please help me . Maybe explain more about how u guys solved it?:/ ibmust not be doing it right and my phone is messed up saying I have no space on device so I can't reinstall the apps even :/ it sucks please please please help. Im using a straight talk
galaxy core prime .it's similar to the s3 thought. Please help. Thanks all

Gocubbies1

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I was having this issue on my Lenovo Tablet. It appears to be caused by the Google Now app launcher. I went back to the stock launcher on the tablet and the problem disappeared.

rosalind elbaum

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So I moved apps and then some of the icons became transparent and dissappeared. Any solutions? Also some apps can't be moved to SD any ways to make them all move and not miss the icon?

Some of my icons have disappeared from my home screen. It started after I transferred them to my SD card. How do I get them to stay on home screen after reboot?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet