Samsung Galaxy S4 - Help!!! S-View screen randomly flashes while using device

Donrobbery

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Really need some help with this. You know the S-view screen? The black screen that shows time, date and notifications? That screen flashes on and off for like a second while i'm using the phone. The thing is , i don't have an s-view cover. What gives? Sometimes while my locked phone is laying on the desk, the screen will turn on and unlock without me being near it. Please help. Any way to turn off the s-view feature? And no, turning off Settings > Accessory > S-view automatic unlock .... does not help.

seanavery72

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My S4 flashed while typing, playing games etc. It was so frustrating. I did a bit of research and found uninstalling Google Chrome is all it takes. It worked for me - it is like I have a new phone. I am so happy, I hope it works for you :)

- - - Updated - - -

My S4 flashed while typing, playing games etc. It was so frustrating. I did a bit of research and found uninstalling Google Chrome is all it takes. It worked for me - it is like I have a new phone. I am so happy, I hope it works for you

seanavery72

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My S4 flashed while typing, playing games etc. It was so frustrating. I did a bit of research and found uninstalling Google Chrome is all it takes. It worked for me - it is like I have a new phone. I am so happy, I hope it works for you

Ashish Barnwal

May 15, 2014
Visit site

can't uninstall Google crome , it only can be disabled. .....how can I solve this stupid problmes.......

th3DON

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I just joined this forum. I want to know if any one has any solution to the problem mentioned by OP.
Google Chrome fix didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

reubenmtb

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I believe I have found a fix for this issue, go to settings>my device>display and then scroll down until you see the "Auto adjust screen tone" option and un-tick the box. Hope this helps!

Achim Kron

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem, very irritating. Was definitely worse when there was low data connection speed. Tried all options suggested on the forums without success.

Resolved it by removing my 3rd party cover. This cover had an aluminum back and silicone frame. The aluminum had a couple of dents and the silicone was feeling rough, so I wanted to replace it. Put back the original plastic back cover. I have not had the problem since.

I'm guessing that over the months the soft rubber became ingrained with dirt and dust particles which held a static charge that was enhanced by low connectivity and interfered with the magnetic lock switch on the S4.

Anyone else manage to resolve this in the same way?

Posted via the Android Central App

Marcel Steenkamp

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the same time-flash issue. While typing, the black time screen will flash at random times when typing. It always happens when my phone gets to a lower data connectivity type, as mentioned above, it happens when the phone has Edge connection and not 3G or HSDPA connection.

No settings changes have fixed this. Funny thing is, I had this issue with the samsung galaxy S1, and have the same issue with my S4. My brother that also has an S4 dont seem to have this issue at all, but he's with a different service.

So from experience, on all galaxy models I had/have (and in different countries), the same problem occurs when I'm on Edge connection. I wish I could find a proper fix for this or that Samsung could have done these tests.

Another suspicion; if it's because of bad reception (down to Edge) why is it only on certain service providers? Does these in any way effect a refresh/resetting in function or code transmission? Maybe that doesn't make sence, but maybe it does make more sence than seeing the time refresh 10 times while typing a short message.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Marcel, have you tried unchecking auto-time updates and deselect the network time adjust? And finally for good measure deselect any world time settings you may have setup. It solved my similar issues at home where I have very poor cellular reception.

Marcel Steenkamp

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Bosbouer, thank you for the suggestions. I just made those changes, and unfortunately it's still happening. I was just on H+ connection and when it switched to Edge, the flashes staryed again. About 20 flashes while trying to type this. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude