Facebook App issues when using home network WIFI connection

kadman59

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Facebook (FB) version 3.9 app on my Android 4.3 OS Samsung Galaxy 4 smartphone. With the phone connected to the internet via my home network WIFI, I am able to use the FB app to access my FB account home page, News Feed and Messages, but tapping other FB sidebar menu items including Events, Friends results in a "Connection Lost Tap to Retry" error. In the FB newsfeed, tapping on any post that contains a link results in a "This webpage is not available..." error. None of the aforementioned errors occur if I disable the phone's WIFI connection and use just my mobile 4g network for the internet connection. Note further my Windows 7 laptop connection to the internet via the same home network WIFI works flawlessly with IE11, Google Chrome and Firefox. Can anyone provide me an explanation for and/or resolution to these seemingly FB-specific issues? Thanks!

Juvlin Albania

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Why is it that i cant access my news feed on mobile everytime im using 1mbps internet speed broadband? (i can watch you tube videos while connected to 1mbps) yet everytime i used a 3g connection, it just overflows with lots of update? (still can watch videos thru you tube) anyone pls? Thanks.

whitecab1

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
the Same thing has happened to me in the last few days. I have a Samsung galaxy s4 but it also happens on my daughters S2. I can connect to Facebook via the app but am unable to access a group that I use or a few other features. If I try to access Facebook by going through the web browser (I've tried two) I am unable to access the site at all, yet if I turn off wifi everything works. Occasionally facebook does load but only as plain text and nothing works. I've tried rebooting the phones, the modem and the router. I've also tried to reinstall the FB app. Not sure what else to try. Have you had any luck?

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I am also having such problem with S3 and S4. When I use wifi I can't update the news etc. from facebook app, and sometimes it works nice on other wifi. It also works fine on Edge. Please help to solve the issue.