Hi everyone,

I am an iPhone user and really wanted a change so I went out and got a Galaxy S4. It's definitely an impressive phone and I'm loving everything about it. But one thing I discovered was first the quality of the earpiece. The volume is on high but the person on the other end still sounds somewhat faded like they're talking into a can almost. After making a few test calls with the S4 and again on the iPhone 5s I was told that I sounded a little lower as well compared to my iPhone. I was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to sound or am I just used to the volume on my iPhone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-03-2013 09:03 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am an iPhone user and really wanted a change so I went out and got a Galaxy S4. It's definitely an impressive phone and I'm loving everything about it. But one thing I discovered was first the quality of the earpiece. The volume is on high but the person on the other end still sounds somewhat faded like they're talking into a can almost. After making a few test calls with the S4 and again on the iPhone 5s I was told that I sounded a little lower as well compared to my iPhone. I was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to sound or am I just used to the volume on my iPhone?

Is the person on the other end on speaker or perhaps covering their mic? I can hear people just fine on my S4

Posted via Android Central App
    12-03-2013 09:06 PM
    I did a test call from my S4 and from my iPhone and they sounded clearer on the iPhone. I wasn't sure if it was the S4 phone itself or maybe that I'm used to the sound from my iPhone.

12-03-2013 09:25 PM
    I did a test call from my S4 and from my iPhone and they sounded clearer on the iPhone. I wasn't sure if it was the S4 phone itself or maybe that I'm used to the sound from my iPhone.

I think the iPhone doesn't have a better earpiece but the S4's isn't that bad. Does sound kinda "tinny" sometimes I guess. Like coming from a can

12-03-2013 11:41 PM
    Hi everyone,

Ita just audible for me ..why not try with other s4 model

12-04-2013 08:05 AM
    I made two changes that made a big difference in my GS4 - I turned off all options in 'Personalize Call Sound' and turned off 'Noise Reduction'
    12-05-2013 05:40 PM