S4 air gestures - sensor problem

informator87

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
Have my S4 for a while and I have a problem with it since the beginning.

After a few weeks usage the Air Gestures sensor stopped working.
At first it did'nt let me perform some gestures such as Quick Glance, or it was working - but faultly.
After some time (few days) all of Air Gesture functions stopped working - with screen dimming while holding a phone during a call (which is most frustrating thing) - same sensor?

I've sent my phone to samsung (i still have a warranty) and it came back with "fully operational" status ^^, but they've changed the software - it still did'nt work.
So I've sent it second time - this time they've detected a problem but they have only changed the software - it started working!

After 2-3 weeks problem came back with same symptoms and in a same way.

3rd warranty service - they've detected problem and decided to replace the main board - it started to work again.

2-3 weeks - again...

4th warranty service - they DID'NT detect any problem, but have changed the software - it started working.

3 weeks passed since my phone came back from Samsung and Air Gestures and phone dimming (calls) starting to fail again...

Samsung sais that they won't replace my phone with a brand new before it has 3 major parts replaced.
I don't now if i have enough warranty for it:)

Any idea?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you've been through all of that I don't see any permanent fix for you. I would be arguing with Samsung that the replacement main board was a big enough issue and you want a brand new phone. However, you also need to look and see if any applications are causing this to happen. Glitches don't necessarily happen immediately so its tough to track down. More then likely you have something installed this conflicting with the sensors ability to track your movements.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

informator87

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention that each time before sending phone to samsung i made the factory reset - no help of course...

The problem is that Samsung helpdesk told me that if the warranty service can't fix it, I can always send it to the other one.
We have 2 in Poland, and they both can't fix it:p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that each time before sending phone to samsung i made the factory reset - no help of course...

The problem is that Samsung helpdesk told me that if the warranty service can't fix it, I can always send it to the other one.
We have 2 in Poland, and they both can't fix it:p

Sounds like a headache with no end result. Its almost as if they receive them and send then back out without looking at the device.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

informator87

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
as my friend who once worked in such service said - they have special software that checks every components and software for errors.
The procedure is that they plug the phone in and if the computer says it's OK - they reinstalling phone software - as a gesture of good will...
If it is true and that is a case, the only way for me is to take a 300 km trip to the service and spend whole day arguing with a manager - if they'll let me :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
as my friend who once worked in such service said - they have special software that checks every components and software for errors.
The procedure is that they plug the phone in and if the computer says it's OK - they reinstalling phone software - as a gesture of good will...
If it is true and that is a case, the only way for me is to take a 300 km trip to the service and spend whole day arguing with a manager - if they'll let me :)

Motorola did that with a tablet for me and even left a picture of the screen results on board. Of course everything checked out except a software flash which as you guessed didn't fix it. My touchscreen sensitivity was so faulty it took multiple inputs just to get one button press.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11