Hi when I'm listening to my music on my s4 my music pauses when I get a text or email etc I did stop it but recently did a update and can't find how to put it back ? Also how can I call someone through voice as when I tried it ,it rang them but went on to loud speaker and person on other end couldn't hear me ? Plz keep it simple this is my first Android phone so very new to all this thanks for any help.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-05-2013 04:12 PM
    I always remember the music pausing by default for a notification but it started back up immediately. Does yours start back up? Granted I was using a Galaxy Note II but still similar.

Voice dial? Or are we talking about just regular voice calls where you dial out manually and they can't hear you? My friend had to return his Galaxy S4 immediately due to him having a bad ear piece (didn't work at all) so maybe your mic is the same way?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2013 08:36 AM
    Hi earphones seem to work fine as I can talk on them when someone calls me it was just dialing out that I couldn't work ? Music does pause when a message or email comes through and yes starts straight back up but really annoying as when I get out of work they all come through while I'm listening to music .had it set not to so don't how to stop it

12-06-2013 08:50 AM
    Hi earphones seem to work fine as I can talk on them when someone calls me it was just dialing out that I couldn't work ? Music does pause when a message or email comes through and yes starts straight back up but really annoying as when I get out of work they all come through while I'm listening to music .had it set not to so don't how to stop it

What do you mean by dialing out? I'll try and explain where I'm getting at clearly and let me know which issue you're having or if neither covers it let me know.

1.) You can talk on the headset with a microphone no problem. However, no one can hear you at all when using the phone as a microphone with no headset installed.

2.) The above is true but only in certain circumstances. People can hear you through both fine if you dial out a specific way.

Which is it (if any)?

12-06-2013 09:02 AM
    Soz not very clear am I . I put my head phones in and pressed the button on headphones which activates Samsung voice I then asked it to call my daughter ; which it did but when she answered she couldn't hear me and I noticed it had gone on to loud speaker ? This was with the headphones in ? So I had to hang up take headphones out re called her then put headphones back in all done without voice .

12-06-2013 10:15 AM
    Sounds like a glitch within the S-Voice software. I'm not sure if there's been a fix for this but I had the issue about a year ago with my Note II so I stopped using the voice feature. The phone isn't recognizing the headset at that point and thats the issue. I assume you rebooted the phone and then tried?

12-06-2013 10:32 AM
    To stop the pausing when you get a text, turn your sound to vibrate.
    12-06-2013 11:22 AM
    I never had to do that before there was a setting to stop it or has it disappeared with the new update that I did ?

12-07-2013 02:02 AM