Group messaging

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Both Textra and the stock app can't seem to do it right. Group messages I send always get their responses put in their own thread. Can the S4 do group messages right? And does anyone know how make the stock app default again? Just out of interest, because I don't think I ever set Textra s the default app, it just kind of did it itself

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, group messages always have a thread separate from the threads of the individual contacts in the group, if that's what you're asking. I think I experienced this on early Samsung Androids too.

To un-default Textra, go into Application manager, find it in the All column, tap it, and tap Clear defaults.

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You may have to check group message in the settings. Long press the home button the first icon shows the default apps, you can clear them there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
the stock one has worked for me since day 1 on the s4. I used to have to use GoSMS on the s3.

Go in to settings under Mutlimedia Message (MMS) Settings. I have a check mark next to Auto Retrieve and Group Conversations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2