GS4 + RFID Key FOB = Slow Phone?

jeffmas1587

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone that has been getting ridiculous slow. It's constantly freezing and switching between applications is painfully slow. My text message app seems to be the hardest hit. Some messages aren't coming through and typing responses is very laggy. I can type a sentence out before the first letter even appears, often times this leads to the key board disappearing and the Messenger app closing.

I have tried everything short of resetting the entire phone. I?ve deleted almost all the programs on my phone that I have installed recently, everything within 1.5 months of me noticing a problem.

One item that I?m concerned about is, I just moved into a new apartment and the key fob they provided was way too large. I took it apart and removed the RFID chip and placed it between the back cover and my phone case. It?s on the outside of the phone (not contacting the battery). It?s what I use to buzz into my building and operate the elevator. I?m wondering if this chip, when energized, is shoring something out in my phone. Could this chip be wrecking my hardware?

Some information you might find helpful:
? Device Memory ? 6.2 GB used / 3.5 GB free
? On SD Card ? 14 GB used / 45 GB free
? General RAM at the moment ? 1.1 GB used / 672 free

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone that has been getting ridiculous slow. It's constantly freezing and switching between applications is painfully slow. My text message app seems to be the hardest hit. Some messages aren't coming through and typing responses is very laggy. I can type a sentence out before the first letter even appears, often times this leads to the key board disappearing and the Messenger app closing.

I have tried everything short of resetting the entire phone. I’ve deleted almost all the programs on my phone that I have installed recently, everything within 1.5 months of me noticing a problem.

One item that I’m concerned about is, I just moved into a new apartment and the key fob they provided was way too large. I took it apart and removed the RFID chip and placed it between the back cover and my phone case. It’s on the outside of the phone (not contacting the battery). It’s what I use to buzz into my building and operate the elevator. I’m wondering if this chip, when energized, is shoring something out in my phone. Could this chip be wrecking my hardware?

Some information you might find helpful:
• Device Memory – 6.2 GB used / 3.5 GB free
• On SD Card – 14 GB used / 45 GB free
• General RAM at the moment – 1.1 GB used / 672 free

Interesting idea.
Perfect way to test it is to remove the chip. If the abnormal behavior stops, then yes...it is interfering with your cell.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx