12-21-2016 04:52 PM
38 12
tools
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY XPERIA-M. I HAVE FORMATTED MY CARD ALSO. AND ALSO UPDATE MY PHONE TO LATEST VERSION OF AND/JB. BUT NO FRUITFUL SOLUTION. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY?.....PLEASE SUGGEST......
    12-05-2014 03:24 AM
    I have the same issue..very frustrating...Samsung/Google..you must address this,,!
    01-22-2015 12:24 PM
    I've had the same issue for the past week and it has driven me crazy but I've managed to fix it ... give this a go Search youtube for my video called:

'How to Fix SD card Unexpectedly Removed and Fast Draining Battery error on an Android Phone'
    02-03-2015 06:25 AM
    May have found a solution. Frustrated with constant alerts about my SD card today i removed my cover and ejected the SD card. On reinserting i decided to try gently pushing down on the SD holder frame and it "clicked" like the frame was loose. Problem has stopped! Samsung S4.
    04-07-2015 05:06 PM
    Just did the same thing...pushed on the SD slot and it clicked...so will see if that fixes the problem. Mine just started today after having it almost 2 years...
    04-16-2015 01:15 PM
    I started a fresh thread on this topic after updating my Galaxy S4 to OS 4.3. I am still have trouble using the SD card and am constantly getting "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" messages. This happens when I am viewing photos located on the SD card. The phone then automatically tries to reinstall the SD card and, after few minutes, starts working again. Rinse, repeat. I really hoped that the OS update would fix this, since in seems like a software issue related to the SD card driver. I have a 64 GB, class 10 SD card that otherwise works perfectly in my computer. I have read through the entire 10 pages of the earlier posting on this topic and thought it was time to start a new one. Maybe put some more pressure on Samsung to fix this glitch. After all, the extended memory is one of the main reasons I bought this phone. And it really doesn't work. It's also the only problem I am having with the phone, which has otherwise been great.

Samsung tech support told me that slower class 4 and 6 cards should work okay, but I haven't been able to verify this. Anybody finding a solution to this problem?
    04-25-2015 07:22 PM
    I copied everything to the sandbox on the card - seems to have fixed the problem
    04-25-2015 07:23 PM
    There is a data recovery method. Recuva for windows.
    05-16-2015 08:19 PM
    Reviving am old thread to post my experience and results.
    I had a Samsung 64GB micro SD card in my Galaxy S4. The phone was locking up while on the wall charger. It took me a bit of research to figure out the cause.
    I found this thread, as well as others suggesting using chkdsk on Windows PC to fix the card.
    I backed up the card and performed the check, formatted to exFAT and also formatted the card in the phone. Then copied the backed up contents to the freshly formatted SD card.
    This cured the locking up, but then I got the card removed followed by checking card notifications.
    While backing up the card, I noticed that it was nearly full. Having only a few GBs free space.
    I bought a Samsung 128GB micro SD card, from Amazon, formatted it on the PC and the phone, copied the backed up contents from the 64GB card into the 128GB card and have not had any locking up or card removed notifications, for 2 days.
    The S4 dies recognize all 128 (actually 120) GBs.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 02:06 PM
    May have found a solution. Frustrated with constant alerts about my SD card today i removed my cover and ejected the SD card. On reinserting i decided to try gently pushing down on the SD holder frame and it "clicked" like the frame was loose. Problem has stopped! Samsung S4.
    This worked for me - thanks for the advice!

Regards,
    Jacques
    04-25-2016 08:39 AM
    My "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" - error message problem started after I back up my music folder to my SD Card .
    Intermittently, my phone couldn't detect my SD Card in the phone.
    I read in a thread somewhere that this problem was the result of media files being processed erroneously in the SD Card.

After I have removed all my music files from my SD Card, my phone has been working smoothly for many days, without the annoying error message and no more failure to detect SD Card.

Hope Android would resolve this problem in their future OS upgrade.

Regards,
    (email address removed by Moderator)
    07-08-2016 12:25 AM
    Mod Note, please do not post your email address on this public forum
    07-08-2016 12:28 AM
    This worked for me! I can only guess that the SD card holder had become temporarily deformed after dropping the phone. So the SD card was not pressed securely against the contacts.

Pressing down gently on TOP of the holder (with the card inside) resulted an audible click, like something was settling back into place. And it seems to have solved the problem! Thanks!
    12-21-2016 04:52 PM
38 12