File and photo syncing

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Sugarsync for a couple of years to sync the files and photos on my Android devices to the cloud, then to PCs. Also using Sugarsync to sync a few unique folders from PC to PC.
Sugarsync is changing their plan from a 5GB free plan, to a $80 50GB plan. I don't need that much storage, and don't want to pay that much for something I don't need.

So, does anyone have a good way to sync Android photos to their PC automatically. (plus I need to sync custom folders from PC to PC).

Dropbox only handles a custom directory from what I see.

What are your thoughts.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Sugarsync for a couple of years to sync the files and photos on my Android devices to the cloud, then to PCs. Also using Sugarsync to sync a few unique folders from PC to PC.
Sugarsync is changing their plan from a 5GB free plan, to a $80 50GB plan. I don't need that much storage, and don't want to pay that much for something I don't need.

So, does anyone have a good way to sync Android photos to their PC automatically. (plus I need to sync custom folders from PC to PC).

Dropbox only handles a custom directory from what I see.

What are your thoughts.
Ah, I was going to suggest Dropbox. If you come across anything worth sharing let us know!

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't Google provide that backup functionality? I'm currently backing up my phone photos using Google, but I haven't fooled with it enough to know whether it can be completely automated (I assume it can, presumably it just depends on sync settings), and whether Google has any overall data storage limits. I'm also not sure about automatically downloading the files to your PC. Did Sugarsync do that, or did you have to initiate a download?