Where are Jpeg file titles?

Case61

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a recent purchaser of the S4. I'm trying to transfer camera files from the phone to my Mac Air, via Android file transfer and USB. The window on the mac shows the file titles for the Jpeg files on the phone but no thumbnails. On the phone itself I can't find anywhere that the jpeg file titles are provided for the pictures. I can't identify which pictures I want to transfer (I don't want to transfer them all then hunt and peck) without the Jpeg files title. What am I missing, where are the file titles shown on the S4?

Probably a really stupid question, but also very frustrating.

Thanks for any help,

Case

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The "Android File Manager" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartwho.SmartFileManager&hl=en) will display a list of image files with file names and (small) thumbnails. Other file manager apps may have similar functionality. You just have to navigate to the folder where the image files are stored, which should be DCIM/Camera (but it may be in either internal phone storage or on an external SD card, depending on whether you're using an external SD card and where you have the S4's camera set to save pictures). That should make it easier to pick the ones you want. You can also use the "details" section of the menu in Gallery to see an image file name, but that's not practical for what you want to do since you have to do it separately for each image.