Samsung Galaxy turns on but then turns off immediately.

HydroRaideR

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My new galaxy s4 is acting weird....
I recently had the screen replaced because the phone fell and it broke.
But now that it's replaced when I turn it on it goes to the samsung logo and everything but right when the purple logo comes on it turns itself off. To get it working again you must take out the battery and wait a few seconds so it can turn on again and goes through the same thing.
I have no idea why but all I want to know is did anyone else have this problem and is it fixable?
I don't have guarantee so I can't get a free new one

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you boot into recovery mode? Hold down home, power and volume up at the same time until it vibrates. Let me know if it still does the same thing

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's download mode. You hit volume down instead of up :p
Does it stay on at least?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, what are the options? If you're in recovery I would try a factory reset to see if that works with the rebooting issue

HydroRaideR

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Now it turns on, but I can only stay on the phone for like 10 seconds.
Then it turns itself off.
And to get it on again I have to take out the battery and put it back in.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Turn it off, and turn it back on. When it's turning on hold the menu key (left of the home button) and this should boot into safe mode. See if that stays on for longer

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
New problem,
that button and the one on the right aren't working either :/

OK. Then I'd suggest flashing a stock ROM via Odin. You can get these on SamMobile.com just make sure you get the one for your exact model number

Fresneck5150

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
i have a andriod blu dash3.5 11 well this morning i rebooted my phone like ive done before but when it comes back on it stays on for about 15 secs then turns off then comes back on and thats what it does over and over again i dont know whats going on its like its stuck in reboot mode but ive tried pushing power button and volume up and its turns on but in little letters its says its in restore mode but it wont do anything but shut off come back on. cqan anyone help?

megan-1210

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Can you boot into recovery mode? Hold down home, power and volume up at the same time until it vibrates. Let me know if it still does the same thing

I have the same problem with my Samsung S4 but my phone doesn't even get to the Samsung logo. When I hold down the power, home and volume up button nothing happens. If I do the same but with the volume down button it gives me the option to download a custom OS or cancel and restart the phone, no matter what I do the phone doesn't do anything except start switching on and then immediately switches off. I don't know what to do

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Samsung S4 but my phone doesn't even get to the Samsung logo. When I hold down the power, home and volume up button nothing happens. If I do the same but with the volume down button it gives me the option to download a custom OS or cancel and restart the phone, no matter what I do the phone doesn't do anything except start switching on and then immediately switches off. I don't know what to do

Put it on the charger, make sure it's getting a charge.
The battery has at least 20%?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
I had it on charge the whole day but it just switches on and off, same as before but with the charging icon.

Try a known good charger with a 3ft long known good cable. Longer cables are a known issue with charging.

If you have access to a Digital Volt Meter you can pull the battery and measure it's voltage directly. A fully charged one will be around 4 volts.
If the battery doesn't have enough voltage the device will not boot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad